Any and all notifications between Gear watch and S5 non existent

Chris Thompson5

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I have the original samsung gear watch and the s5 and both devices are currently up to date with firmware etc. Occasionally I will get a text message but not all of them. I do have the notifications switched on and selected within the gear manager but does not work consistently. Actually a couple of days ago I got Gmail and Facebook notifications too but that all disappeared and never to happen again. Samsung mobile support was useless, I knew more about the devices than they did. I know the screen has to be off (phone basically hibernating) in order for the notifications to be sent to the gear but that doesn't seem to work all the time. Is there some magic setting for the display timeout or lock screen settings need to be very specific for this to work every time? Sort of defeats the purpose to have this gear if it only gives you time and weather.

GWaLL13

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I think they made some radical changes with the firmware update that is screwing up notifications. I have the s5 and the new gear neo and noticed last week when I purchased the neo, that I had a huge list of samsung and 3rd party apps that I could set for notifications, and now after the update, I have a total of 8 and they are very basic, like calls, standard messaging app, voicemails, schedules, etc... Yeah don't waste your time with Samsung support, they read from a screen and go through troubleshooting steps that never work....I called them about the weather app that wouldn't update and they had me reset my clock app (smh). What apps are you having trouble with receiving notifications for? You might want to check the gear manager notifications settings to see if the apps are even still listed. I don't even have GMAIL or facebook in my list anymore. I hope they fix this ASAP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith