TIZEN OS on Galaxy Gear - Drawbacks

Paulo Ruy Barbosa

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
The new OS is fine and it's a worth upgrade, but there are two major drawbacks I really don't like.

First, the new standalone music player is almost useless, since it doesn't play the files stored on the telephone, only music files stored on the Galaxy Gear. It was very cool to control the music played on the telephone thru the Gear, including the cover photo displayed.

Second, when I have headphones connected on the telephone, and I have an incoming call, I can't answer it thru the Gear anymore, because the sound is mute on the headphone. Before, I could talk on the Gear and hear the conversation on the headphone.

I hope Samsung fix these issues soon.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The new OS is fine and it's a worth upgrade, but there are two major drawbacks I really don't like.

First, the new standalone music player is almost useless, since it doesn't play the files stored on the telephone, only music files stored on the Galaxy Gear. It was very cool to control the music played on the telephone thru the Gear, including the cover photo displayed.

Second, when I have headphones connected on the telephone, and I have an incoming call, I can't answer it thru the Gear anymore, because the sound is mute on the headphone. Before, I could talk on the Gear and hear the conversation on the headphone.

I hope Samsung fix these issues soon.

Welcome to the forums.
Have you emailed Samsung about this issue?

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
With the music player. Is there still an option to control music from the device though? I enjoy the media controller feature.

Scribbled on my Note 3 then magically translated into readable words using Tapatalk