Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Toggles/Quick Settings?

Hi everybody.

I'm looking for a toggles/quick settings solution for our gear (v700) running tizen os and paired with a S4 GT-I9505 that can the following things:

- Turn on/off Wi-Fi
    - Turn on/off mobile data
    - Turn on/off silent mode of the smartphone
    - Turn on/off location (gps)

I'll thank all for there tipps and helps!

Yeah right lol. The original Galaxy Gear has been abandoned months ago...

Not only have i not seen any new apps released in a long while, it looks like a lot of them are missing. I'm pretty much done with Samsung products.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Toggles/Quick Settings?

I can't understand why samsung make this little things so complicated.
    When i'm in the position to change something in the build.prop of my s4, it is no problem to get the instant settings app from the gear manager app store.
    But i wouldn't like to root my s4 (thanks knox!).

Carrier
    RunnyMik/stock

You just need to find the gear manager apk and side load it onto the tablet.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I have a S4 and already the gear manager on it.

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by itinj6 View Post
    Yeah right lol. The original Galaxy Gear has been abandoned months ago...

Not only have i not seen any new apps released in a long while, it looks like a lot of them are missing. I'm pretty much done with Samsung products.

I don't see that. The Gear 1 has been upgraded to Tizen to match the Gear 2 range. There are new Tizen apps. Listening to the AC podcast with Phil and Jerry describing the functionality on their Android Wear watches I kept thinking "my Gear 1 already does that".

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by jrisch View Post
    I don't see that. The Gear 1 has been upgraded to Tizen to match the Gear 2 range. There are new Tizen apps. Listening to the AC podcast with Phil and Jerry describing the functionality on their Android Wear watches I kept thinking "my Gear 1 already does that".

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app
    Tizen? I didn't get any Tizen, yet... and the people that are running Tizen on their original Galaxy Gears (I think in the UK) are not getting the same apps as the Gear 2's running on Tizen.

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by itinj6 View Post
    Tizen? I didn't get any Tizen, yet... and the people that are running Tizen on their original Galaxy Gears (I think in the UK) are not getting the same apps as the Gear 2's running on Tizen.

It isn't an OTA but is available in the UK at least via Kies 3. There are posts on how to sideload the UK Gear 1 Tizen onto US Gear 1s. I don't know what apps are available on the Gear 2 so can't compare but this post discusses apps available for the Gear 1 and specifically refers to Sprint machines. I do agree the delivery is fragmented but seems to be a carrier related situation rather than Samsung having abandoned the Gear 1.

Quote Originally Posted by jrisch View Post
    It isn't an OTA but is available in the UK at least via Kies 3. There are posts on how to sideload the UK Gear 1 Tizen onto US Gear 1s. I don't know what apps are available on the Gear 2 so can't compare but this post discusses apps available for the Gear 1 and specifically refers to Sprint machines. I do agree the delivery is fragmented but seems to be a carrier related situation rather than Samsung having abandoned the Gear 1.
    The Gear isnt supposed to be carrier specific. You can buy a watch at ATT and it should work just the same with a phone on a VZW network. Far as I know, those that downloaded Tizen on the GG are not getting all the same apps as a G2 running Tizen (Fleksy keyboard comes to mind, which is what I was really hoping for). My GG works perfectly fine on Android as is. I'm just bummed at the lack of Apps and switching to Tizen doesn't change that. Therefore, no reason to switch.

Edit* just read your link and it appears that G2 Tizen apps are running on Tizen GG's. Wasn't the case at the beginning but I guess things changed. However, Samsung should have made it an OTA update, readily and easily available to all which still leads me to believe that they just don't care about the GG early adopters.