After Tizen Upgrade, How Do I Copy Watch Faces to Gear on Tizen?

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
One of the reasons I upgraded to Tizen was to be able to run WatchStyler. I have V 1.2.09, which in the Samsung Market is current. There are very few watch designs and I'd like to go get a few cool ones from threads like this and this

...but now with Tizen the directions all seem outdated on how to get the files needed to the Gear...even the kind of files you need....?! There are .Zip files containing 'images', 'texts', .PNG file and 'theme.json' files........but there are also files shown that are 'xxxxxxxxxxxx.wstheme' files...

Now I am totally confused. Can someone point me to some answers....what files/file sets/ watches can I use now that I have WatchStyler again and am running Tizen???

(Note that I have a Gear S coming too, but for now this request is about my original Gear)

THANKS!

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I worked it out....had to follow directions from a watch theme I downloaded last year....

*** Installing the DigitronicMkII theme ***

- On your phone open Watch Styler and create a random new theme with title: DigitronicMkII

- Save the theme but don't apply it to Gear yet.

- Close Watch Styler.

- Connect your phone to your computer.

- Open the folder: Phone\Android\data\com.omnitel.appcessory.gear.watchstyler.manager\theme\

- Delete the just created folder DigitronicMkII and its contents.

- From the downloaded ZIP open the folder: DigitronicMkII_theme\

- From there copy the folder DigitronicMkII to Phone\Android\data\com.omnitel.appcessory.gear.watchstyler.manager\theme\

You have now replaced the random created theme with the downloaded theme.

- On your phone open the Gear Manager app and select Clocks

- Find the WatchStyler preset and touch the gear behind it.

- Select the new theme and enjoy!

*USE AT YOUR OWN RISK* was from the file named there as a download. I did the same thing to get a Breitling design over and it worked great....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol