Not sure which to buy, help

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
My doc recommended i get one of these to check sleep, steps, etc.i can get the fit for 119.00 or try for a deal on the gear 2. Not sure which to spring for. Btw, i have the note 10.1 2014 tablet, the note 8, the note pro 12 l 2 and the note 3 phone.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The gear fit is much smaller and half the weight of the gear 2 . it also is a lot more limited and a lot slower. If you just need sleep and steps then either will work and both have hrm. If you don't need hrm, the of gear can be cheaper and also does steps.

I had the gear, gear 2, gear fit, but am now using the LG G Watch which was $80 plus $50 Google Play credit awhile back. If you are not in a hurry then Wait for a sale.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I got the Gear Fit for Christmas. I adore it. It's not as sophisticated as the Gear 2. I like the size of it better than the Gear 2, however. I also like the screen on the Gear Fit. It just looks snazzy.

The Gear Fit has an option that allows you to see how many steps you've walked on the homescreen. You can have that along with the time. I get a kick out of it. It motivates me to walk more... It doesn't give you a lot of information related to sleep, but it does tell you how restless you were during the night. I find that interesting... (There's a related app that you can download called Sleep Genius that may give you additional info. I haven't tried that one yet.) The Fit also vibrates when you get a text message or a phone call. You can set it to give you additional notifications. You can even reject phone calls from the watch. The Fit has a built-it timer feature that I use constantly. You can use it to time stretches or recipes in the kitchen, etc. I have my watch set so that I can activate that timer feature with a couple of quick clicks.

There aren't as many apps available for the Fit as there are for the Gear 2. I have downloaded a few apps like a calendar, a calculator, and a task manager, but there are only so many apps available right now. So, if you really want an app loaded watch, you should consider the Gear 2. If you're really interested in the pedometer and just a few other extras, I'd recommend you look at the Fit.

BTW I'm using the Gear Fit with the Note 3. I initially had trouble syncing it with S Health, so I downloaded the Galaxy S5 version of S Health from XDA Developers. Here's a link S Note, Watch ON, S5 Message,S5 FileManager,… | Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | XDA Forums I don't know if the problem with with my specific Note 3 or what. It was easy to install the updated app on the Note 3, though.

Good luck with your decision! I suspect it's really a win-win decision.:)