Why can't I connect my Galaxy S3 Neo+ with Gear 1?

Geograf

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
SOLVED - Can't connect my Galaxy S3 Neo+ with Gear 1

When I updated Gear Manager on latest version and tried to connect, it says that (short time message) "Download url not avaiable, can't launch plugin!" and "notice" witch says "Unable to connect to the Gear. Connecting to the Gear is not supported by your mobile device or your software need to be updated. Check that your mobile device is able to connect to the Gear, then update your mobile device software".

Until this update, everything works perfectly. I'm running 4.4.2 and latest Tizen OS on my Gear. Weird thing, when i instal 2.1 manager, everything works, but after some time, i must upgrade on 2.2. I also tried to install diffrent versions of 2.2, even the latest one, and that didn't help. I'm very thankfull for yours answers and sorry for my bad English.

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Can't connect my Galaxy S3 Neo+ with Gear 1

When I updated Gear Manager on latest version and tried to connect, it says that (short time message) "Download url not avaiable, can't launch plugin!" and "notice" witch says "Unable to connect to the Gear. Connecting to the Gear is not supported by your mobile device or your software need to be updated. Check that your mobile device is able to connect to the Gear, then update your mobile device software".

Until this update, everything works perfectly. I'm running 4.4.2 and latest Tizen OS on my Gear. Weird thing, when i instal 2.1 manager, everything works, but after some time, i must upgrade on 2.2. I also tried to install diffrent versions of 2.2, even the latest one, and that didn't help. I'm very thankfull for yours answers and sorry for my bad English.
No worries about you English, everything reads just fine.

Have you tried resetting the Gear 1 after updating the manager? Try rebooting both devices after the update and see if that helps. Keep us posted.

Geograf

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site

No worries about you English, everything reads just fine.

Have you tried resetting the Gear 1 after updating the manager? Try rebooting both devices after the update and see if that helps. Keep us posted.
Nope, rebooting didnt help. I downloaded Gear Manager (GM) 2.1 and connected my Gear without any problems. Everything works perfectly. After some time, GM said that i have to update on new version, and 2 buttons showed, "cancel" and "update". If i hit "cancel", it immediately closes GM. When i press "update", GM updates on version 2.2. After update, Gear works perfectly, i can call, receive messages, take pictures, but i cant open GM app, its showing error message which i posted in my previous post. Even when i restart my Gear, same thing happens. It works, but my GM wont open. But if i restart my phone, and then try to connect to Gear, on my Gear message popup which says that i have to do factory reset if i want to continue to use my gear. And when i do factory reset on my Gear, i can not connect on my phone, neither can start GM. When i try to connect NFC, GM popup same error message.

Geograf

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site

SOLVED - I do some research, and at some Italian Samsung forum, someone said that he also have similar problem with his S3 Neo, which is probably caused by "glitch" or "bug" in GM 2.2. Catch is that Samsung Galaxy Neo and Samsung Galaxy Neo+ lost support by Gear, they were removed from supported devices. I also read that Samsung will return this devices to the supported list. And today, when i tried again to connect my devices, and everything works like a charm. Before that, only option to connect Gear and S3 Neo+ is to manually install necesarry plugins. If some1 still have trouble to connect, let me know and i will post the guide from XDA Developers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance