Not starting up after battery heat up and complete drain

nxd

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I am a newbie to android.

I have the Samsung galaxy grand duos GT-I9082. It is 1 month old.

Last evening the phone started heating up extremely and within a couple of hours it went 40% down with no usage at all.

The next day in 3 hours it went down to 62% , after another 2 hours it had drained out completely and shut down.

I am unable to get it started up.

The screen shows a blank battery every 14 seconds after keeping it plugged into the charger overnight.

1. Unable to factory reset the phone via hard reset. I tried the Power + Vol Up + home buttons. The startup screen shows the name and model of the phone and then dies out again.

2. I tried removing the sim+sd card for 10 minutes and tried powering up but that didn't work too.

Suggestions please ! I cant live without my phone

Nxd

bosshaug12

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the forums.

You might try purchasing a new battery for it or contacting Samsung about the matter to see if they might send you a new one. Hopefully that will fix the issue.

But I will say it could also be that the phone is dead. I've seen it a lot when a phone gets really hot for no particular reason then won't power back on no matter what you do. Though you being able to get a battery on the screen is a good thing. Let's hope it's a bad battery though.

Good luck.

nxd

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the forums.

You might try purchasing a new battery for it or contacting Samsung about the matter to see if they might send you a new one. Hopefully that will fix the issue.

But I will say it could also be that the phone is dead. I've seen it a lot when a phone gets really hot for no particular reason then won't power back on no matter what you do. Though you being able to get a battery on the screen is a good thing. Let's hope it's a bad battery though.

Good luck.

Thanks for the immediate response. I was planning to visit their authorized service center about this but isn't 1 month too soon for a phone to be dead? Does dead mean the battery has stopped working or that the phone has stopped working for good (brick).

Nxd

bosshaug12

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
1 month is too soon but your unit could have had a defect that just got worse over that period and since it is so soon the service center should be able to help you.

And by dead I mean brick or not usable. But since your's does show you a battery when you have it plugged up it's likely just a bad battery that needs replacing.

nxd

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
And by dead I mean brick or not usable. But since your's does show you a battery when you have it plugged up it's likely just a bad battery that needs replacing.

Update. In the last one hour, I took out the battery and put it back in. Now it is not even showing the empty battery intermittently while plugged in.

Guess the service center is the only option now. :(

Nxd

nxd

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I've given it for servicing. They claim it will take 1 week to replace the motherboard which is "fried". As it is a manufacturing defect they said it will be done free of charge.

I get only about 10 hours backup with ordinary texting, about 1 hour of music, 30 minutes of FM radio, and 30 minutes of 3D gaming. Is this normal? Can't I expect more backup? I have installed a top rated battery saver application as well.

Nxd

jocko18

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
i have the same problem. and i dont have the phone's receipt.

can the phone still be fixed on the service center or not?

also my wifi wont turn on. help pls..

BTW im from the Philippines

jocko18

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
i have the same problem. and i dont have the phone's receipt. can i still send to samsung's service center?

also my wifi wont turn on, help please.

spb12

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Hello NXD,

Is your phone now all ok after the replacement?
I also faced this dead issue and given it to service for motherboard replacement.

spb12

Sona Dahora

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
my samsung grand duos was not starts last night,, when i push start butten screen shows phone nsme and samsu ng by again and again and vibrete slightly and not other than he shows one person told need softwere formating but my phone not starting and show screen then how can ...pl told me how my phone sreen show me or how join and oprete my phone from my laptop of lenova pl told