Samsung Galaxy Grand hangs and lags alot after jellybean 4.2 upgrade

arthur4556

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
hi~ i am new to this forum and i would like to ask. Is there any way to remove the lag i face after upgrading my samsung galaxy grand duos Gt-I9082 to jellybean 4.2? i am facing random hang and alot of lags when launching app or even unlock screen. I currently have a 4GB memory card in it only.:(

nikhilbabu

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
hi~ i am new to this forum and i would like to ask. Is there any way to remove the lag i face after upgrading my samsung galaxy grand duos Gt-I9082 to jellybean 4.2? i am facing random hang and alot of lags when launching app or even unlock screen. I currently have a 4GB memory card in it only.:(

arthur4556

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Thx, i have did what u suggested, but i am still facing random lags, the phone run smooth for awhile,then the nightmare started, phone lags badly. i can get hangs even when typing and app launch is very long.
Try to turn off the power saving mode amd also turn off unrequired apps from settings...

Posted via Android Central App

arthur4556

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
hi, i cant find any soulution yet. but factory resetting it seems abit, just abit more helpful~ u can always use odin to flash back to previous version. I didnt do it as i enjoy jelly bean 4.2.2 more~
Did you get any Solution , I am facing the same issue ...

any idea how we can rollback to a previous version ?

Munene2

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem and I ended up doing a factory reset which helped somewhat (seemed like I suddenly had a lot more memory available) but not completely.

Then, while clearing my cache using an installed AppMgrIII, I noticed that suddenly, and unlike before, several of my apps could now be moved to the SD. I moved those that didn't have an X on their icon and VOILA! the phone's been faster than ever before! I think it's even faster than when I originally bought it.:D

arthur4556

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
It seems that whenever I did the factory reset, my phone run a lot smoother, but after sometimes, it had gone wild with its lag~, any explanation why? I had also moved the movable apps through settings>application manager.
I had the same problem and I ended up doing a factory reset which helped somewhat (seemed like I suddenly had a lot more memory available) but not completely.

Then, while clearing my cache using an installed AppMgrIII, I noticed that suddenly, and unlike before, several of my apps could now be moved to the SD. I moved those that didn't have an X on their icon and VOILA! the phone's been faster than ever before! I think it's even faster than when I originally bought it.:D