The Operating system on your device been modified in unauthorized way, what should I do?

A

AC Question

The Operating system on your device been modified in unauthorised way

I have Samsung Galaxy Grand prime , when I checked for Software update it said "The Operating system on your device been modified in unauthorised way. try downloading software updates using Samsung Kies on your Pc or visit a customer service center".

what should I do to un-modified my device?

Fatima_1998

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
Re: The Operating system on your device been modified in unauthorised way

LeoRex , thank you for the help. However, to tell you the truth I am not sure if I rooted my phone or loaded a custom recovery.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

LeoRex , thank you for the help. However, to tell you the truth I am not sure if I rooted my phone or loaded a custom recovery.

Well, if you did either, you would know. It isn't something that you just accidently click on (especially on a Samsung, they lock stuff down tight and it requires a bit of finess most times). Did you buy the phone used?

Fatima_1998

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site

LeoRex, I Think I may did it, however by mistake, because I like to discover new thing when I get a new phone or any other device, also this is my first time to get Samsung phone, but are you sure that what you told me will really help me ?

Thank you!

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Well, the over the air updates (aka OTA), they are usually always very particular about any system modification. Whether it be root, or a custom recovery, etc, pretty much any system modification will cause those updates to fail. Now, if you want to update your phone, most likely your only option will be to reload the factory image (which will most likely wipe EVERYTHING from the phone).. once that is all loaded and booted up, you should be able to take the update.

jrod5673

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
Hey bossman, I was wondering if you knew where one might find the OEM firmware to to download and reload the factory image, after root since sammobile is down
Many thanks

jaleelhamid

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site

Well, if you did either, you would know. It isn't something that you just accidently click on (especially on a Samsung, they lock stuff down tight and it requires a bit of finess most times). Did you buy the phone used?
I bought it used and I think mine is rooted. Is their away to remove it without pc

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

I bought it used and I think mine is rooted. Is their away to remove it without pc

Without a PC, I don't think its possible for the device you have. For a Samsung device, about the only way would be if you can get yourself to a Samsung store. In the US, there are Sammy stores inside Best Buy stores... outside the US... I am not sure.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

No other ways?

The only way to load full system images on a phone without a PC is if you have TWRP installed and have a working phone to download flashable ROM images. If not, you are stuck having to tether that thing off a remote source.

jaleelhamid

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site

The only way to load full system images on a phone without a PC is if you have TWRP installed and have a working phone to download flashable ROM images. If not, you are stuck having to tether that thing off a remote source.
Thank you.. Do you know where I can find a guide to. Do that

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

There's a link around here that might work with the Grand... I'll find it and get back to you.

Woodstock13

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
Re: The Operating system on your device been modified in unauthorized way

When I went to "About Phone" to check for updates I received a message telling me the operating system on my device has been modified in an unauthorized way. And I'm assuming therefore I cannot update my device. I have Samsung Core 4.4.4

summit sajwan

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site

Rob Weir

May 4, 2016
Visit site
I bought an S7 from Koodo 2 months ago. I have not rooted or modified this device in any way other than trying out some different launchers. Would Samsung be so uptight to give me this error just for using a launcher other than their own?

HaR0n

Apr 12, 2017
Visit site

Hey lorex. What if i unroot my s6 edge then try to update

skorpyo2011

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Crossin my fingers, downloading lollipop update thru kies for samsung 10.1 (2014 edition) all the while ota didnt work cause of modified. Of course cause I had twerp installed....at 85% now. Show result in a second.............dwnloading screen now on tablet.......and, I pray........31%...81%......holy hell.. it worked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC