Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos is very slow and lags, how can I fix it?

A

AC Question

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos is very slow and lags

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos is very slow and lags. Pl. suggest what are the options to go back to 4.1.2. Now it is on 4.2.2

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos is very slow and lags

Welcome to Android Central! I wouldn't necessarily jump to the conclusion that it's all due to 4.2.2. Try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data. Follow the steps in this video, but instead of selecting Wipe Data/Factory Reset, make sure you select Wipe Cache Partition. When complete, then select Reboot System Now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRsUScWvItA

Deepak Oberoi1

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site

I did as suggested but nothing changed.

to give you an idea of the problem, if i tap the settings icon it takes about 5-6 sec for the settings window to show. Same with Images. Same issue with Whatsapp. Some time the device hangs when receive a call on viber or whatsapp. The ring continues but the screen is blank or frozen.

garrettvp9

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site

Over time a phone wears out, the processor and other things. I have had a couple people tell me recently that their HTC one M7s after 2 years of use are beginning to really give out with the same kind of issue. I would go to your carrier store and tell them, they will probably want you to upgrade. If your phone is new then it could be entirely something different.

Posted via the Android Central App

garrettvp9

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site

Forgot what I said if you bought it unlocked. Wish I could be of more help but this is a typical issue that marks the end of a phone's life.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781