Samsung battery drain when stand by

Kingjd123

Mar 19, 2017
Visit site
I just bought my new samsung grand prime plus (j2 prime) a few days before and 5% battery drain per hour when stand by i'm a user of samsung phones since last 5 years first time i have faced battery drain issue.
Please help me someone
Sorry for my bad english

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Hello and welcome to Android Central. My first thought is a rogue app draining your battery. My second thought is a weak radio signal. Have you recently moved? Are you on a new carrier? Let me know and I'll try to help you figure this out.

Kingjd123

Mar 19, 2017
Visit site
I dont know which app is drain my phone battery' i'm not moved any where here the same model phone with my cousine his battery is very good.
Thanks for ur reply

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: grand prime plus battery drain issue

Welcome to Android Central! Duplicate threads merged.

The screen will almost always be the top battery user, because it requires a lot of battery to operate. It would help to see more stats. Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

You might have to install a 3rd party battery monitor, like GSam Battery Monitor, to get the Cell Signal Strength graph.

Kingjd123

Mar 19, 2017
Visit site
Hi guys notice this today morning i unpluged my samsung grand prime plus from the charger that time battery was 100% i put my phone to pocket.after 2 hours and 23 minutes when i check battery its 87%.almost battery drain 13% in just 2 hours and 23 minutes.5.4% per hour please check screenshot and help me please

Attachments

• 1504.jpg
    1504.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if I'm not being clear -- it's better to see the stats after you've gone from 100% down to around 20-30% (not down by 20-30%), so that we can see a better overall representation of what's been using the battery over a full charge.

Kingjd123

Mar 19, 2017
Visit site
Yeah agree i will post soon as you mentioned.but always these three things on top of battery draining issue and today i put another battery to my phone but i seen the same problem.
Thanks a lot for your reply...
Sorry for my bad english.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What 3 things do you mean? Screen will always be at or near the top of battery users, because it requires a lot of battery. The only time you won't see the screen near the top is if you're not turning the screen on very often.

Kingjd123

Mar 19, 2017
Visit site
Today i used my phone normal and gsam app shows wifi awak i never used wifi since 3 days.
i posted screenshots.
Mr.B.Diddy help me now please

Attachments

• 2375.jpg
    2375.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 3