Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By VDub2174
  • 2 Post By Kevin O'Quinn
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone interested?

OK, we've seen the specs and we've seen the official announcement. Who's interested in getting it? I've always been curious about these legit camera phones but never got one. I'm not above trying one out when it comes to stores
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa
    Paul627g and Scott7217 like this.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,034 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Anyone interested?

Yes. Looks much better than last year's attempt. Much more pocketable, better display, better performance (theoretically).
    VDub2174 and Scott7217 like this.

Looks like a solid device, only thing I really dislike is the 8gb of storage, it's just not enough for a modern smart phone. Waiting to see how the camera performs, might pick one up or I'll just go get a dedicated camera this year.

Posted via Android Central App

It's not perfect, but it's a step in the right direction. The true test is whether it'll take photos as good as a cheap point and shoot digital camera.

No cdma or US lte, based on the spec provided

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Global Posts
    7,646 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by L0n3N1nja View Post
    Looks like a solid device, only thing I really dislike is the 8gb of storage, it's just not enough for a modern smart phone. Waiting to see how the camera performs, might pick one up or I'll just go get a dedicated camera this year.

Not to mention that TouchWiz will easily take up 5+ GB of that.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

I would get it seems nice but it must have LTE and take great photos as a point and shoot in its price range so if this is thing cost 600.00 dollars then it better perform like a 600.00 camera I'm just saying.
    PhoneJunkie

Iphone 5s
    HTC One (M8)
    Nexus 5

Sold (HTC One X, iPhone 4s, Ipad Mini, Galaxy S3, and S4 LG Optimus G Pro)

Global Posts
    7,646 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by nokia4life View Post
    I would get it seems nice but it must have LTE and take great photos as a point and shoot in its price range so if this is thing cost 600.00 dollars then it better perform like a 600.00 camera I'm just saying.
    Unlikely that it will be that good. You'd be better off with a good point and shoot if you want in just for the camera.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Agree my thing is if they are going to charge in this price range I think it should be comparable to a point and shoot in the sa e range since these are camera first phone second just my thoughts

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    PhoneJunkie

Iphone 5s
    HTC One (M8)
    Nexus 5

Sold (HTC One X, iPhone 4s, Ipad Mini, Galaxy S3, and S4 LG Optimus G Pro)

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

I'm very interested and my contract is up in July so I'll be looking at this. I think I'm the target audience, working parent who uses their phone mainly for email, pictures and actual phone calls. It looks perfect for picture taking at the kids games and while on vacation. Of course I want to see a price a point and compare the quality to the S5 and the upcoming Note 4 before choosing.

And an US release date would be nice, it's probably not worth waiting an additional six months for.

No never I hate it why they bother with ugly fat camera phones put the bigger camera in normal flagship phones so people buy more its common sense

Ulimate Note 3

Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock as can be

Looks interesting, but I would still like to take a closer look at the lumia 1020.

I just read it will be available in Germany soon. Does that mean we can buy a GSM model and use it in the US? Or are they locked? I understand it may not have LTE.

Thanks.

Global Posts
    7,646 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by ArtVandelay View Post
    I just read it will be available in Germany soon. Does that mean we can buy a GSM model and use it in the US? Or are they locked? I understand it may not have LTE.

Thanks.
    You can always unlock it. I know some of Germany's carriers use some of the same bands as US GSM carriers. You'd have to check compatibility to be sure if you'd get LTE, but H+ and voice is a yes.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

I like how they improved this over the original but I feel like they could still be trying harder.
    The specs they presented particularly the 8GB internal storage makes it seem like they aren't trying as hard as they could be. Personally I think there's a big market for these camera phones given how popular the Lumia 1020 is but I wish Samsung would focus on the series they have better.

In my opinion they should have bumped the screen resolution to 1080p gave it a Snapdragon 800 or even an 801 CPU, and bumped internal memory to at least 16GB.

Global Posts
    18,486 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

If it is to be used as a phone and a digital camera, I think that should have automatically made it 32 GB. At 22 MP the camera will take 520 pictures to fill 4 GB. I am assuming half of the storage space for Android. That is assuming no other apps installed, and just staying with the internal storage.

Number of pictures that can be stored on a memory device

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

If picture storage becomes a problem you can always upload the pictures wherever you need them. Samsung is probably hoping you purchase a cloud account to store all the pictures.

K Zoom has No LED Notification Indicator and no infrared emmiter for tv remote apps

Big continuous silent display advert running on the Samsung third of London Piccadilly Circus screens this last weekend for the K-Zoom. I had to wait until the end for the name. The Note 3 had pride of place there for a long time, then the S5. Looks nice.
    I know nothing.