Dust issue on Galaxy K Zoom?

Midi_Amp

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, I'm very close to buying the Galaxy K Zoom but has one super nagging question... Is the lens dust issue is still prevalent on the K Zoom like it does on the S4 Zoom? I know the phone hasn't come out yet in some part of the world, but is there any update on lens protection or perhaps an existing user for the K Zoom can elaborate?

I used to own the S4 Zoom, love it, the only problem is the dust accumulating inside the lens. It was getting quite bad that a light shining from an obtuse angle will be dispersed by the dust particles. So I have to take a better position and finally I have to let go of the S4 Zoom as it has become very annoying to take a particular position for taking a photograph. And yes, I already use case with the lens cap, forgot the brand, but the lens cap covers the whole lens structure when closed.

I need a good camera phone for work (never liked having to carry more than two things in my pocket) and so far the S4 Zoom aside from its dust accumulating lens is perfect. Never cared about the odd shape and weight, I bench press 20 Kg everyday, so 200 grams seems negligible.

If the dust issue still there, I might not buy the K Zoom.

Jan Hoogwegt

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Yes, on K Zoom (phantastic camera and phone!) the dust inside lens is an issue for sure.
I own my Samsung K Zoom for 3 months now and had to send it in to Samsung repair service.
Why? A very prominent dust particle (aside from some more little) inside.
Annoying mainly in zoomed-in pictures, most visible against clair sky.
I did send it in (3 weeks ago), not got it back yet.
Because of this I ordered (and recieved after 3 weeks from Korea) the Auto Pop Up lens cover.
I hope this will help solving this issue somewhat because it covers the lens enterily when it is in my dusty pocket...
My former cover was the Hoco Case flip-aside cover, with a bare lens...
Bye

Last edited:

Jan Hoogwegt

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
and now, after 4 weeks, I got it back from Samsung repair service, with no costs (under guarantee).
No dust inside, but in trying out I found out that the camera did'nt focus anymore in a good manner.
In "automatic" it focuses well (green square), but in HDR, manual, program and other it was faulty (it keeps a red square).
So I did send it in again (and have to wait for 4 weeks again I presume).
I'm very disappointed because I liked this cameraphone very well...
Jan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34