Photos stuck uploading and deleted from camera gallery can I get them back?

Celeste Huerta

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I was uploading well over 100 photos to Google docs and deleting folder from Samsung galaxy camera. Well now my pics in Google drive say "waiting to upload" and they are no longer in my Samsung gallery. What can I do? Can I get the photos back?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you talking about the Galaxy Zoom, or some other Samsung device? How were you uploading the photos--were you using the Google Photos Auto Backup feature, or the Google Drive app?

During the upload process, were you checking to make sure you had a good connection over mobile data or wi-fi? Is it possible the phone was waiting for a wi-fi connection before it commenced the upload?

If you physically deleted the folder of photos on your device before they got uploaded to the cloud, then I'm afraid they're gone. Use the My Files app to look in the /DCIM/Camera directory (assuming you took the photos using the phone's Camera app). Are there any files there?

Celeste Huerta

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for replying. I believe it's the Zoom, it's my brother's camera.
I was uploading manually to Google drive. I wasn't constantly checking Internet connection, but I'm pretty sure it was strong connection.
The camera showed a message that the photos had been sent and we're uploading, so I deleted the folder.
I then went into Google drive and it showed pics files names and that uploading was in progress. But the have been uploading now for four days.
I did check the camera directory and there are images but not the ones I'm looking for.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved this from the Samsung Cameras forum to the Galaxy Zoom forum.

Unfortunately, you might be out of luck. Depending on your connection speed, uploading a lot of photos can take quite some time. If you deleted the actual photo files on the phone before the uploading was complete, then you lost those photos.