My samsung galaxy light is stuck in boot loop and doesn't enter 'Recovery Mode'

shlmon

May 31, 2014
Visit site
My T-Mobile galaxy light SGH-T399 is stuck in boot loop with the Samsung logo splash screen.

It looks like it tries to reboot each time but it get stuck in the splash screen.

I've tried entering 'Recovery Mode' with Volume Up+ Home+ Power but it didn't enter that mode.

On the other hand Odin Mode does work (with the Volume down instead) and I've tried installing new firmware but still, the phone is stuck.

Need some help, Please.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Two other things to try:

1. New battery. Your current one might be failing.
2. If you have an SD card, unmount it and remove it, then reboot. A corrupt SD card can cause problems.

shlmon

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Thanks...
I can enter to Odin mode and the battery doesn't fail so I think the battery is not the issue,
Secondly I am not using SD card.

My phone is still stuck! It want pass the boot step..

Please, help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Wish I could help you more, but that's the extent of what I know. Hopefully someone else can weigh in.

8lackie

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
These are the threads that drive me crazy. I come looking for a solution too. Come to find this thread has been dropped, no resolution, no explanation. A veritable stinky dead-end.

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
I have had the same problem with other Samsung phones. I found multiple possible causes listed. But in all my cases the issue was the battery. Three times I cleaned the contacts, discharged then fully charged (using external battery charger) they eventually booted correctly and Two needed battery replacement. I may just have been lucky, but all five were not system problems.

Samir Issa

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
When you download the new firmware did u stall on the screen where it says your provider (like T-mobile), most likely you have to wait like 20 miniutes or so, then your phone will start up good as new again.