Notification light not working

stater354

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I just a got a samsung galaxy light. Everything works fine, except when i get a text or any notification, the notification light doesn't turn on. Anyone know how to fix this?

Last edited:

shmutt1980

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
There is no notification light on this phone, you can use the LED flash as one, but you will need to get an app, just search the store for "flash alerts" and such and chose the one that best suits you. play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.manzy.flashnotification&hl=en or play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.megawave.flashalerts&hl=en

*update, I just learned that there is an option if you didn't want to DL yet another app, It is under settings/my device/accessibility, scroll down to the hearing section and there it is - Flash notification, camera light blinks when you receive a notification. Why this isn't under the ringtones and notifications settings? Your guess is as good as mine.

Last edited:

paulsiu

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
The accessibility feature is not a notification light. What the feature is supposed to do is flash the camera led to indicate that the phone is ringing so that a hearing impair person can see that the phone is ringing. It is not a light to indicate that you have a message.

Frankly, even as an accessibility feature, it is not implemented properly. The LED flash only flash about 2 times, not exactly enough times for someone with hearing impair to pick up that the phone has ring.

Paul