I updated my iPhone 5s to ios 8.0.2 but my call doesn't show?

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Re: Hands-On with the Galaxy Mega 6.3

I freaking love it. Added a 64GB sd and with 85 apps installed I still got 9GB free.

DC Damien

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site

I played with the Mega today. I think the screen quality is better than the S3, the S4 and the Note 2. It is big but that makes reading and videos more enjoyable. It probably won't be quite as easy for simple texting or phone calls. But it all depends on how you use your phablet.

reeneebob

Banned
Aug 21, 2010
Visit site

The Samsung rep was in store a couple weeks ago talking up this phone (preparing our Bell release) and told us its geared to senior citizens and the sight impaired.

I wish I was joking, while I can absolutely see that as being the case she flat out told is its for the senior market mostly...and pretty much every customer who's looked at it dismissed it as too big.

Tippy tapped from my iPhone 5, from me to you.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

The Samsung rep was in store a couple weeks ago talking up this phone (preparing our Bell release) and told us its geared to senior citizens and the sight impaired.

I wish I was joking, while I can absolutely see that as being the case she flat out told is its for the senior market mostly...and pretty much every customer who's looked at it dismissed it as too big.

It's specs would seem to support this. Low powered, low resolution for a screen its size, big screened, less than the typical amount of RAM on contemporary devices.... Perhaps it is indeed meant to be the Toyota Avalon of phones. Samsung's practice of producing devices at every seemingly possible portable size point is indeed interesting.

Sent from my humble S4 or Note 8.0 or Xperia Z tablet

ajarnfalang

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

That is dumb.

It is really for people who want a tablet but they don't want to carry a 7" device. Someone that fits in a bag maybe even Man jeans. And they want to do the basics.

People who use it for work. Heavy on Calendar scheduling, taking appointments, notes, etc etc. it's a good compromise between a tablet that is still usable as a phone.

reeneebob

Banned
Aug 21, 2010
Visit site

That is dumb.

It is really for people who want a tablet but they don't want to carry a 7" device. Someone that fits in a bag maybe even Man jeans. And they want to do the basics.

People who use it for work. Heavy on Calendar scheduling, taking appointments, notes, etc etc. it's a good compromise between a tablet that is still usable as a phone.

Oh I agree with you, but the Sammy rep repeated it a few times. I was like "oooooookay" because I couldn't imagine granny walking around with the thing. Heh.

BB8130<BB8330<BB9530<Palm Pre<HTC Desire Z<Galaxy S i9000M<iPhone 4<Palm Pixi Plus<Lumia 720<BB 9900<SGS 3<BB Z10<iPhone 5

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

That is dumb.

If it had decent specs it would be a good compromise. It could have had a 1080p screen and 2GB of RAM and it would still fit in your "Man" jeans and be capable of doing the basics. ...and still appeal to people that may want to do a little more.

Sent from my humble Note 10.1/Note 8.0/S4

TmobileT889

May 22, 2013
Visit site

It is in fact 16gb on stock I had it almost a week love it nice screen resolution n video playback.

T-mobile Note 2 sgh-T889

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site

I've read that it makes a better tablet than phone. Thoughts?

Sent from my humble S4

I agree. Texting, navigation, youtube and books are all great on it. The thing I like the most is the bright LCD. I had a Note 2 and I could barely see the screen outdoors.

rikken

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site

It has decent specs :) The screen is actually better than I thought it would be, crisp and clear, no problem reading small text and white is much more white than on my S4. The phone is fast and fluid throughout the whole UI :) and typing on this size keyboard is a joy.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using AC Forums mobile app

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

It has decent specs :) The screen is actually better than I thought it would be, crisp and clear, no problem reading small text and white is much more white than on my S4. The phone is fast and fluid throughout the whole UI :) and typing on this size keyboard is a joy.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using AC Forums mobile app

I think I'd look to the Note 2 or 3 first but that's Samsung...something for everyone.

Sent from my humble Note 10.1/Note 8.0/S4

Slendo

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm having some bad luck with my Mega. First the screen was badly bulging from the top and the whole LCD/glass assembly was changed under warranty.

http://www.helsinki.fi/~lsalmi/temp/samppa.gif

The new one was fine for a week but now the top right corner is slighly bulging. This time it's really not an eye sore, but the glass is making a noise against the adhesive when pushed from the corner. I was carefully inspecting the glass edge, and it seems that the top center is slightly raised when compared to other parts. Not much this time, but enough to see it when looking at a certain angle. I guess that this creates a stress on the top corners, which causes the adhesive to give up on the top corners.

Last edited:

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

I'm having some bad luck with my Mega. First the screen was badly bulging from the top and the whole LCD/glass assembly was changed under warranty.

http://www.helsinki.fi/~lsalmi/temp/samppa.gif

The new one was fine for a week but now the top right corner is slighly bulging. This time it's really not an eye sore, but the glass is making a noise agains the adhesive when pushed from the corner. I was carefully inspecting the glass edge, and it seems that the top center is slightly raised when compared to other parts. Not much this time, but enough to see it when looking at a certain angle. I guess that this creates a stress on the top corners, which causes the adhesive to give up on the top corners.

That's inexcusable. I might give one more Mega...one more sample...another try before I wrote it off to manufacturing teething problems and went to something more established.

Sent from my S4/Note 8.0/Note 10.1

Last edited:

Slendo

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site

Well yeah, at least the current one doesn't have a visible gap. I'll probably keep this...with my luck I'll end up with dead pixels or something worse ;) If it develops a gap over time, then it's warranty time. Or maybe I'll swap it for Note 3...

DOOKJOY6869

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site

There is no way anyone can tell if its too big by looking at a video.

The 5.8" and 6.3" have been out in Thailand for a while and I can say from trying the MEGA 6.3" that this phone is entirely way too big. It has no S-Pen so really, it makes no sense to carry it around. It will not fit anywhere, it's slow, and really nothing special. Like an oversized Galaxy Grand basically.

It is OK for girls to put in a purse, but anything over 5.5" is just way too much.

Anyone interested just go try it for yourself. The size will put you off. I thought that I was going to want this phone until I went and saw it in person.

Got it love it . There's alternatives to the s pen, as usual the greatness of android so many choices, get what floats your boat

☆☆ Galaxy MEGA 6.3 ☆☆

pinkky69

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site

I purchased a galaxy mega off of craigslist and when I went to activate it, they said it was on a blacklist. is there a way to correct this so I am able to use this phone? I would greatly appreciate any help. I have been reading different answers and I see that this cannot be done. I guess I need to stop buying off of craigslist because some people always try to get over on honest people. thanks anyways

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae