I updated my iPhone 5s to ios 8.0.2 but my call doesn't show?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hands-On with the Galaxy Mega 6.3

Check out Alex's hands-on with the device. What do you guys think? Too big?

[video=youtube;OgL0TtReHJo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OgL0TtReHJo[/video]

rough1200

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: Hands-On with the Galaxy Mega 6.3

Yes, they are available unlocked through the normal unlocked GSM phone sellers. I just did a Google search, purchased one from ( AT GSM Inc. - www.atgsm.com ) and I love it as I do not do a lot of talking on the phone. I use it more for media, texting, e-mail and web surfing. To me it's better than carrying a phone and a tablet.

91_z28_4me

May 20, 2011
Visit site

Yes, they are available unlocked through the normal unlocked GSM phone sellers. I just did a Google search, purchased one from ( AT GSM Inc. - www.atgsm.com ) and I love it as I do not do a lot of talking on the phone. I use it more for media, texting, e-mail and web surfing. To me it's better than carrying a phone and a tablet.

What carrier are you using it on?

Posted via Android Central App

c1971ace

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Available Friday through AT&T and upcoming on Sprint and US Cellular

Sent from my SPH-L900 using AC Forums mobile app

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

Great vid review. Plus nothing else I've seen gives one a sense of how it is to make a call on it or shove it in one's pocket. I thought the Note 2 might be my limit, but I could definitely do this. IF, of course, it had a better screen and better specs.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

I just played with the Mega at the AT&T store today. Great phone. It certainly did not feel or look underspec'd. Didn't feel too big to be a daily driver, either, at least for me.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

ArnoldSW

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site

I got one yesterday at AT&T and have been playing with it all night. I think it is just the right size because now I will not need to get a tablet. I really like the multi-window and pop-up videos.

ajarnfalang

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

Check out Alex's hands-on with the device. What do you guys think? Too big?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OgL0TtReHJo

There is no way anyone can tell if its too big by looking at a video.

The 5.8" and 6.3" have been out in Thailand for a while and I can say from trying the MEGA 6.3" that this phone is entirely way too big. It has no S-Pen so really, it makes no sense to carry it around. It will not fit anywhere, it's slow, and really nothing special. Like an oversized Galaxy Grand basically.

It is OK for girls to put in a purse, but anything over 5.5" is just way too much.

Anyone interested just go try it for yourself. The size will put you off. I thought that I was going to want this phone until I went and saw it in person.

ajarnfalang

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

Great vid review. Plus nothing else I've seen gives one a sense of how it is to make a call on it or shove it in one's pocket. I thought the Note 2 might be my limit, but I could definitely do this. IF, of course, it had a better screen and better specs.

The screen is fine. It performs like a galaxy grand. It lags here and there but nothing major. It's just way too big. You would have to be constantly taking it out of your pocket and putting it on a table when you sit, etc. it's just too much hassle.

The one hand dialing doesn't matter because you can have the One Hand setting on and it'll shove the keyboard to one side or the other. G Pro had the same thing. It's just the 6.3" size it way too much. You'll see when you see it in person. There is nothing special about it. No feature that would make you say "hm. Yea. That's worth carrying this thing around". It's just 0.7" shy of a Galaxy Tab. It's humongous. Unless you're Shaq, I think it's too big for normal people.

The 5.8 is more manageable, but still. Just too big. The G Pro is the perfect size for a big phone.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

The screen is fine. It performs like a galaxy grand. It lags here and there but nothing major. It's just way too big. You would have to be constantly taking it out of your pocket and putting it on a table when you sit, etc. it's just too much hassle.

The one hand dialing doesn't matter because you can have the One Hand setting on and it'll shove the keyboard to one side or the other. G Pro had the same thing. It's just the 6.3" size it way too much. You'll see when you see it in person. There is nothing special about it. No feature that would make you say "hm. Yea. That's worth carrying this thing around". It's just 0.7" shy of a Galaxy Tab. It's humongous. Unless you're Shaq, I think it's too big for normal people.

The 5.8 is more manageable, but still. Just too big. The G Pro is the perfect size for a big phone.

If you'd read down a couple of posts, you would have seen that I did go and try it out in person. I'm no Shaq, and I did not feel the device would be too big for regular use, carrying it in my pocket (though I couldn't test that out directly), etc. Yeah, it's a big sucker, but I think it just hits the upper limit of what many people would consider if they were looking for a large phone.

ajarnfalang

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

If you'd read down a couple of posts, you would have seen that I did go and try it out in person. I'm no Shaq, and I did not feel the device would be too big for regular use, carrying it in my pocket (though I couldn't test that out directly), etc. Yeah, it's a big sucker, but I think it just hits the upper limit of what many people would consider if they were looking for a large phone.

I don't agree. I think it's way too big.

The only buyer for this phone should be girls with purses. And keep the phone in one of those flappy cases. Maybe a hello kitty case.

5.5" is plenty big. This Mega 6.3" is way too big and it is nothing more than an overgrown Galaxy Grand really.

It is slim. I'll give it that. But it is just way too big. Anyone would look ridiculous talking on the phone with it.

Also, it won't fit comfortably in any pocket unless you have no job or can wear cargo pants to work.

As I said, I wanted to buy one, but I quickly changed my mind as soon as I held it.

It's just a laggy, slow, massive, low resolution phone. It's not all that. Good for high school girls though. I would give it to my daughter as a Christmas present.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

After he said only 4GB of storage was available I stopped watching. What the heck? Why would Samsung do this? Are they that worried about Note 2 and 3 sales?

Sent from my humble Note 8.0 LTE

ajarnfalang

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

After he said only 4GB of storage was available I stopped watching. What the heck? Why would Samsung do this? Are they that worried about Note 2 and 3 sales?

It's a phone for high school girls to Facebook.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

I don't agree. I think it's way too big.

The only buyer for this phone should be girls with purses. And keep the phone in one of those flappy cases. Maybe a hello kitty case.

5.5" is plenty big. This Mega 6.3" is way too big and it is nothing more than an overgrown Galaxy Grand really.

It is slim. I'll give it that. But it is just way too big. Anyone would look ridiculous talking on the phone with it.

Also, it won't fit comfortably in any pocket unless you have no job or can wear cargo pants to work.

As I said, I wanted to buy one, but I quickly changed my mind as soon as I held it.

It's just a laggy, slow, massive, low resolution phone. It's not all that. Good for high school girls though. I would give it to my daughter as a Christmas present.

To each his own. I wear dress slacks to work, which would have plenty of room for it. And I really don't care if someone thinks I look "ridiculous" talking on a phone. They said the same thing about people talking on the Note 2 when it came out. Also, I gave it a thorough spin and it was not at all laggy. I found it quite smooth, in fact. While the resolution was obviously not in Nexus 7-2013 territory, it was more than adequate. I'm happy with my Note 2, but I wouldn't reject this out of hand. It's not going to sell like the Note 2 or S4, obviously, but I'm sure there will be a market for it, and it won't just be females or Hello Kitty fans.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

How many other phones are being released with only 8GB of internal storage? Why would someone want this as opposed to a Note 2. Is it significantly cheaper? It's just an interesing device...maybe nothing more than an experiment. I'd like to talk to someone that got this device and see what made them select this device despite its ...configuration.

ajarnfalang

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

How many other phones are being released with only 8GB of internal storage? Why would someone want this as opposed to a Note 2. Is it significantly cheaper? It's just an interesing device...maybe nothing more than an experiment. I'd like to talk to someone that got this device and see what made them select this device despite its ...configuration.

Here in Thailand it's only $100 cheaper than a GS2. It makes no sense to buy one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newprvn