My Saumsung Mega 6.3 doesn't charge anymore

Tony Henrich

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung Mega 6.3. The phone doesn't charge anymore. I tested with several mini USB chargers. I removed the battery several times. When I power off and connect the charger, this is what I notice: a repeating cycle of the screen showing a battery with some green (current charge amount), vibrates for a second then shows a battery with a circle in the middle (like a progress circle).... and repeat. I didn't want to leave it in this mode because it would drain the battery quickly.

The phone is less than a month old from AT&T. Any ideas how to troubleshoot or fix this?

BioProf

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem and found it occurs only when the battery has been drained too far. If you remove the battery and put it in an external charger for a while to bring the charge up, you can then return it to the phone and continue charging. I also found that occasionally if you turn the phone OFF and charge it, that will solve the problem but it is less reliable than removing an charging externally. I will reset my battery warning app/setting to a higher level to prevent in the future.

Samson Malisa

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem and found it occurs only when the battery has been drained too far. If you remove the battery and put it in an external charger for a while to bring the charge up, you can then return it to the phone and continue charging. I also found that occasionally if you turn the phone OFF and charge it, that will solve the problem but it is less reliable than removing an charging externally. I will reset my battery warning app/setting to a higher level to prevent in the future.

I had same problem with my nice Galaxy Mega. The only problem with this phone is battery drain soooo fast after 20%..here Samsung must think again to solve. But power from not charging and when i restart start charging and when i remove charger after still remain on charging itself. Was strange but i recognised this started after installing GO LAUNCHER EX. I decided to take it out and my Galaxy Mega is back to normal. Try if you are also using GO LAUNCHER EX. but battery draining i would like samsung to solve even today

Last edited by a moderator:

vprosoft

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Dear Tony...has your problem been fixed? I am having the same exact problem. I am gonna try Samson's method. Did Samson's method work for you? thanks much for prompt response, I am desperate.

vprosoft

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
update: i turned the phone off and started charging the phone while it was off. the charging process was on and off at the beginning, then stayed on for the rest of the night. when i woke up in the morning, the phone was fully charged. 100% thank GOD! thank you all.

sam290471

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site
My phone wont charge either i brought a new battery and it worked but then found i cant charge the battery anymore so wanted to know were can i get an external charging device?