The Galaxy Mega

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I've been eyeing the Mega 6.3 for a while and finally picked one up for the good price of $480 at my local AT&T store.

I recently sold my Note 8.0 LTE as I just couldn't get used to the white color and pixelation I saw on the screen. Now that I have the Note 3, it can assume my Note 8's S-Pen duties, so no loss there. ...and so I was looking for a replacement. The Tab 3 7.0 was a decent size but the specs were low and most reviewers advised to look elsewhere.

Enter the Mega.

I don't think of this as a phone really. I think of it as a micro-tablet that I can make calls on.
The screen is certainly sharp enough for me at 233 ppi and the lower 1280x720 resolution actually means that more Play Store apps are usable on it since many apps haven't been upgraded to support the higher resolutions of devices such as my Note 3, '14 Note 10.1 or '13 Nexus 7. This was a key issue and requirement for my Note 8.0's replacement. I had a few apps that I couldn't use on my any of my higher resolution devices. The Mega solves this issues with aplomb.

So, what are your thoughts on this micro-tablet that can also be used to make phone calls?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
the lower 1280x720 resolution actually means that more Play Store apps are usable on it since many apps haven't been upgraded to support the higher resolutions of devices such as my Note 3, '14 Note 10.1 or '13 Nexus 7. This was a key issue and requirement for my Note 8.0's replacement. I had a few apps that I couldn't use on my any of my higher resolution devices. The Mega solves this issues with aplomb.

what? i've never heard of this problem. Apps won't work with HD 1080p displays? come on.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely. Go look for Monopoly (and not that "Millionaire" crap), just as an example, the classic version. Sometimes I'm mistaken, this is not one of those times.

EDIT: Screenshots provided

On my Note 3, S4, Note 10.1, and '13 Nexus 7:
Note M.jpg

Works fine on the Note 8.0 and Mega:
Mega M.png

The imcompatibility is not caused by the awesomeness of the CPU and RAM in the Note 3, S4, Note 10.1 or Nexus 7 but buy the fact that they're running higher resolution screens whereas the Note 8.0 and Mega are running 1280x800 and 1280x720 respectively.

This is not a problem Apple has as developers do their thing to upgrade the apps. In Android sometimes developers don't bother. There's actually two different version of Photoshop Touch as one can't run on some devices due to resolution.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol