Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint Galaxy Mega weak data connection

My wife recently got a Galaxy Mega on Sprint. Where she works doesn't have the best signal strength (I know, lol Sprint). But with her previous phone, a Galaxy S3, the phone was plenty usable. 3G data worked ok, quick enough to use Pandora. But with the Mega, data is molasses-slow. Yahoo mail takes 5 minutes to load, and Pandora is out of the question. She's switched between the phones a few times now and it's the same every time, so we're certain that the issue lies with the the Mega, not with some coincidental network problem.

Has anybody else had this problem with the Mega? She's already on the fence about keeping the phone, so if the problem is with ALL Megas, she won't bother trading it out for another one. But if this is just a faulty phone, she may be willing to give it another chance.

Default Re: Sprint Galaxy Mega weak data connection

I live in an area where there is not a lot of cell towers, so I supplement with a signal amplifier. I have never been that pleased with Sprint coverage where I live. I had the Note II up until fall of last year and switched to the Mega. I have noticed that the data connection and signal go in and out constantly. I have tried to post something to facebook, text, or email sometimes 4 or 5 times before I can get it to go through. It's frustrating - however I don't have that problem outside of this area. At this point I would rather move out of the sticks that give up my Mega. I got the phone because my eyes are so bad and I needed unlimited data on something I could actually see. I'm getting eye surgery but still love having the largest screen phone possible. Would like a higher quality camera, an onboard s-pen like the Note II, and less issues with the memory card. Once you go big.....it's difficult to go smaller again.