Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Which phones have the mobile hot spot icon - like my 6.3? Please help...

Hello new here - Which phones have the mobile hot spot icon - like my 6.3?
    Im not taking about the more networks settings - then tethering - im taking about the pull down icons up top.

I have the mega 6.3 with Net 10 - I turn on the hot spot icon and use my data with my tablet...
    however, my mega is too big for work - it's broke now I need a new phone with the same feature.

or is this feature on all 4.2.2 ?

Please and thank you!

Default Re: Which phones have the mobile hot spot icon - like my 6.3? Please help...

Welcome to Android Central! I can't answer that directly, but you can easily add a toggle bar to the Notification Shade that includes a hotspot toggle with Power Toggles, one of my favorite widgets.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Which phones have the mobile hot spot icon - like my 6.3? Please help...

thank you for the response!

But I just want to know which phones work well with the mobile hot spot so I can use data on my tablet...

Please and thanks

Hotspot is possible on pretty much all new Android phones--the question usually is if you have to pay extra fees to your wireless service to use it. There are some free wifi tether apps like FoxFi/PDANet, but these have variable success, because some wireless providers block it from the Play Store, while others might detect that you're using it and still charge you for tethering.