My Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 still won't charge, what could the problem be?

A

AC Question

My Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 still won't charge

I have had this phone for about 2 years now so I figured it must be the battery acting up when it would not charge anymore last October. I bought a new battery, but then it still won't charge via the charging port. As a temporary fix, I got an external charger for the battery while waiting for the charging port replacement. While waiting, I tried cleaning the charging port to make sure that there was no dust buildup. I have also tried several cords and chargers that work with our other Samsung phones and tablets to no avail. When the replacement charging port finally got here, we replaced it and it finally started charging for about a month before it started acting up again that it'll only charge if the cord is positioned in a certain/awkward angle. HELP!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: My Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 still won't charge

Welcome to Android Central! My main guesses would be (a) the port replacement wasn't perfect, and perhaps has developed a loose connection, or (b) there's something wrong with the motherboard. Try opening the phone up again (I'm assuming you did the replacement yourself) and make sure all of the connections are intact.