Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Raptor007
  • 1 Post By Tbayrgs
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Release Date?

When do we think we may see a release date on this? In the past how soon has the release occured after an announcement?

Looking forward to this tablet, just sold my Ipad on Ebay so I need something soon!

Global Posts
    5,157 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Default Re: Release Date?

Good question. I can't find anything about a release date other than 9-25 but that does not mean the US will get it on that date. Plus we have not seen the current GN10.1 drop in price beyond the $50 off that has been running for a while now. I hope it is soon but funny how you can't pre-order it which is what should be happening.

this will be my first Buy of A tablet , and buying on line.. i plan to get it from on line market in USA and ship it to my country
    so if u have experience !
    what is best on line store, ebay or amazon, or !
    based on ur experience with last year GN 10.1 will the preorder price same as holiday or christamss price ! or it may be less by then in November i think !
    is there a kind of international warranty when i get it on line !
    the reason is it will take much more time till it is in the market in my country here.

Global Posts
    5,157 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I would use Amazon.com, I have always had good luck with them and if you have any issues or need to return it they take it back without any fuss. eBay on the other hand can be a questionable marketplace and knowing if you are dealing with a reputable seller or not especially on a newly released product is key.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Muhsin View Post
    this will be my first Buy of A tablet , and buying on line.. i plan to get it from on line market in USA and ship it to my country
    so if u have experience !
    what is best on line store, ebay or amazon, or !
    based on ur experience with last year GN 10.1 will the preorder price same as holiday or christamss price ! or it may be less by then in November i think !
    is there a kind of international warranty when i get it on line !
    the reason is it will take much more time till it is in the market in my country here.
    I purchased mine last year mid-august from Amazon. They shipped it very fast (seems like I had it in 2 days). I highly recommend purchasing from amazon over eBay.

Also, the price didn't drop for the holidays. In fact the prices never really dropped until this spring/summer. I think the price of the 2014 Note 10.1 that gets announced at release will be the same price until middle of next year when they start preparing for the next version.

As far as warranty goes, you'll want to see what Amazon offers. It seems there's at least a 1 year warranty but i'm not sure if that differs for International orders.
    Thanked by:

thanks, ur info is of SO MUCH help
    this is my first Tablet, and i am so excited.. wish Samsung announce the exact release date and price SOON

WHAT shall be the Must-have accessories for it, since i need to have it all in one shipment for less costs ! any recommendations !
    i have in my mind Cover + Cable to connect to PC + microSD 64 GB + maybe Wacom Fell Black if i can afford it

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    I would use Amazon.com, I have always had good luck with them and if you have any issues or need to return it they take it back without any fuss. eBay on the other hand can be a questionable marketplace and knowing if you are dealing with a reputable seller or not especially on a newly released product is key.
    thanks, ur info is of SO MUCH help
    this is my first Tablet, and i am so excited.. wish Samsung announce the exact release date and price SOON

WHAT shall be the Must-have accessories for it, since i need to have it all in one shipment for less costs ! any recommendations !
    i have in my mind Cover + Cable to connect to PC + microSD 64 GB + maybe Wacom Fell Black if i can afford it
    last, which Seller is trusted on Amazon, or at least can u remember to send me the Link of which u will be ur own
    or do u buy from Samsung it self on Amazon !

Does Unlocked version make any difference !!!
    Last edited by Dr_Muhsin; 09-13-2013 at 06:51 PM.

Global Posts
    5,157 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

You can always add SquareTrade warranty via Amazon.com as well, you just need to search for the warranty and the tablet price range and add it to the cart.

I have a spare 64GB microSD (and one for my GN3 on pre-order) a case and of course a solid screen protector. Yes its a great display but as always its a large piece of glass and easily scratched.
    Thanked by:

for canada, the note 10.1 will be in Nov @.@....
    Samsung bringing Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Gear, Galaxy S3 mini and Galaxy S4 mini to Canada on October 4th | MobileSyrup.com

that is actally quite a long wait, i probably will just wait another more month to get chirstmas discount

Yes killer007 here is a newer article saying the same thing. Man I hope we don't have to wait that long here in the states!

Samsung Electronics Canada Inc. | Welcome to the family: Samsung Canada adds 5 great items to its GALAXY family of devices

Global Posts
    5,157 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Well at least Canada has a time frame to work with, in the US we got squat.

By now haven't get to come across any release dates for the device. Well, when anyone over here gets to know that please share ....

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition): specs, price and release date

Price and availability
    The Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) will be available from this month of September in various countries at a price that is still unknown. Available colors are black and white.

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts

Thought the release date was today, no?

Sent from a different Galaxy using Tapatalk 2.

Today was never announced as the release date by Samsung. Today was a release date only for the note 3 and the watch. The note 10.1 was listed as third quarter 2013, which is next week but not today.

Global Posts
    5,157 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I have read articles saying it was 9-25 and others that say 3rd quarter. Honestly if they don't release it soon, I will get the new Nexus 10 instead.
    atg284 and MisterMe11 like this.

Global Posts
    298 Global Posts

+1 on that...

If it's not until November here in Canada I'll likely just wait until Christmas and use the Best Buy gift cards that I'll more than likely get as a stocking stuffer haha.

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jalan94 View Post
    Today was never announced as the release date by Samsung. Today was a release date only for the note 3 and the watch. The note 10.1 was listed as third quarter 2013, which is next week but not today.
    Unless Samsung uses a different financial calendar year, we're presently in the 3rd quarter--started July 1st and ends September 30. Next week will be the start of the 4th quarter.
    Raptor007 likes this.

Global Posts
    5,157 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbayrgs View Post
    Unless Samsung uses a different financial calendar year, we're presently in the 3rd quarter--started July 1st and ends September 30. Next week will be the start of the 4th quarter.
    ooops...thats right

In early Sept when they announced the release date as Q3, I assumed the PR team were either idiots or lying. Since Q3 ends on Sept 30th, saying "this month" or "in a couple of weeks" is just as accurate as Q3, but is more meaningful to their audience and could even generate more buzz. So either the PR team thought the release was in Sept but choose to use a less meaningful term, or didn't think the release was in Sept and lied.

Either way, I am less likely to buy one because if their PR team is this incompetent, then I am also worried about their engineering team.

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts

I'm sure most already know but Oct 10, pre-orders starting tomorrow.
    16GB $550
    32GB $600

Sent from a different Galaxy using Tapatalk 2.

I don't mind waiting until Nov. But no 64GB Wifi version?

Global Posts
    5,157 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

The US always gets screwed, first no 32GB LTE, no 64GB WiFi its a friggin joke.