US debut Oct 10th

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not the pre-order, but I am looking forward to this... So, Android Central, PLEASE hurry with the full review :p hehehe You're my go-to source and pretty much the main factor to decide if I finally change my iPad for this or not :)

QuickDime

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Not the pre-order, but I am looking forward to this... So, Android Central, PLEASE hurry with the full review :p hehehe You're my go-to source and pretty much the main factor to decide if I finally change my iPad for this or not :)

I'm curious about this tablet and how it does, starting to look at other options with the impending doom of BB.

Any idea when this will drop in Canada?

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Who should I preorder from? Is there any chance of getting this on the 10th? I am leaving on a trip on the 11th so it would be great if I can really get it the 10th.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I am waiting to see when Amazon.com puts it up and if I added it to a cart do I get hit with sales tax (seems to be hit or miss) and if I don't then Amazon.com if I do then BestBuy it is.

Tbayrgs

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm honestly a little surprised by the price. I realize the 10.1 has a higher resolution screen, expandable memory and the S-Pen but $549 is $50 more than the 16GB iPad and I'd wager anything that the 5th gen will go for the same price. Personally, $50 or $100 either way isn't going to push me away from my device of choice but it will for others. How often can you say Apple's version of something is cheaper? Other than the small percentage of us who truly understand the differences between these devices, this isn't going to attract many general consumers from Apple.

And wasn't a 64GB version also announced at IFA? I realize I can expand the memory but not for apps and knowing how Samsung uses a sizable chunk of the onboard storage for their OS, I'd really rather have 64GB onboard vs. only 32GB. I have 24GB alone in apps on my iPad Mini and that number would be larger for full size iPad high res versions. Looks like I'm going to sit tight for a while to see reviews and if there truly will be a 64GB version.

Tbayrgs

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Yet the 16GB iPad has no expansion slot, resolution is lower and it doesn't offer the same extra features.
And as I mentioned, we all are clearly aware. However, the average consumer isn't aware of or care about any of that, only that the pretty Apple tablet is $50 cheaper. I'd like to see it sell well so that we're likely to see Samsung keep investing in future versions. I just think Samsung isn't helping their cause with this pricing.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Ok, but people are blind for apple, ignorant of facts and that will never change. It still doesn't change the facts I stated and the real differences between them. I find the tablets comparable, BUT, the Samsung one is better from an overall specs standpoint. I have owned enough apple hardware to say Samsung has a great device and I would recommend it over the ipad any day.

gyroslice

May 13, 2010
Visit site
i pre-ordered mine today from bestbuy. i love my original 10.1 note. only thing it was missing was a high res display. Good bye screen envy whenever I use my wife's iPad.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance