Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cases and Accessories

If anyone finds links to new cases and accessories post the links here. I am hoping to grab a good case come release day.

Global Posts
    4,847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Default Re: Cases and Accessories

Amazon has cases already up along with screen protectors so I would hit that site up first. Really annoying that Samsung isn't even listing the accessories or the product on their site yet just because it's not officially available to pickup, but you can pre-order it.

I took a chance and ordered this solution from Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00FC5...idcentral00-20 It isn't available yet and it appears to be coming directly from overseas based on the long shipping estimate but other products by this company seemed to get good reviews on Amazon and the price makes it worth the gamble so I will just wait and see. I will probably just get a cheap sleeve for it at a local office store until this solution arrives.

Global Posts
    295 Global Posts

I've got a list of cases with dates of availability going on over here:

Thanked by:
    BKVic 

I wonder, does the old note 10 screen protector work on the new one?

Global Posts
    4,847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I am not finding any cases worth jumping for and Samsung doesn't even have anything on their site for pre-order let alone on any of the retailers who are doing pre-orders. I found one case so far and its pretty cheap $6.95 but pre-order only and it ships about 5 days after the tablet launches which sucks.

Global Posts
    6,211 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by Zergslayer69 View Post
    I wonder, does the old note 10 screen protector work on the new one?
    It may “work" but I doubt it will line up and fit the same. I don't believe the two tablets have the same form factor on the face.

from my Sony XTZ
    Live long and prosper.

Looking for another cable to use as a sync cable to my computer. Does anyone know the specs? Does anyone have a good source for these? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by lbabus View Post
    Looking for another cable to use as a sync cable to my computer. Does anyone know the specs? Does anyone have a good source for these? Thanks.
    Sync for the Note 10.1 2014?

The beauty of it is that it is just a standard micro usb to usb cable. There is no proprietary connector like Apple or Asus use. I used the OEM that came with it to be the sync cable for my computer, then bought an extra long one for charging (convenient--you can keep using it without constantly ripping the charger out of the socket, or the cable out of the charger). Here's what I got:

Amazon.com : iMBAPrice® USB to Micro-USB Cable 10 Ft. Nickel Plated - Charging cable and Data Transfer - for MOTOROLA DROID, SAMSUNG GALAXY (S1, S2, S3, S4) I9000, i9100, i9300, GALAXY NOTE i717, N7000, EPIC 4G Touch, Skyrocket, Galaxy Attain, Galaxy

If you look down on that page, you'll see that they have cables in different lengths, so pick as you please (plus an OTG dongle--always useful!).

BTW, this is a pretty solid cable. Some are so flimsy, they seem like they will break when you yank them.

Thanks! That is a great idea. Any suggestions for a screen protector? Then I should be all set!

Thanks! That is a great idea. Any suggestions for a screen protector? Then I should be all set!
    yeah don't bother. I have had both note 10.1s and never scratched one, just be careful and use a decent case.

You should absolutely get a screen protector IMHO. I had good results on AmFilm, after I learned how to do it. Here:

Screen Protector

A lot of people though are going to tempered glass. That's an idea I like it a lot.
    Discussed more, here:

Screen protector

I think a screen protector is a must! I bit the bullet and paid almost $40 for a Zagg HD screen protector. Bought it at Best Buy and paid them to put it on. It's warrantied for life (of the tablet )
    Userp222 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by monicakm View Post
    I think a screen protector is a must! I bit the bullet and paid almost $40 for a Zagg HD screen protector. Bought it at Best Buy and paid them to put it on. It's warrantied for life (of the tablet )
    They look very impressive, but many of the reviews on Amazon for the 10.1 seem to say it interferes with the S pen function. IS that true?

Just got the 2014 Note, I sure like it so far.

My vote is no screen protectors.

After going through all the iphones over the years, and a few tablets, always kept them in cases. Phones open on front, tablets in a flip open case, I never bothered with another screen saver after trying a few. I think they take away from the excellent fingertip and crystal clear clarity experience of these great devices. Take my phones in the outdoors hunting and fishing, and just use common sense. The tablets usually came in the bowhunting treestand too. I think I used them pretty hard in a semi-hostile environment, with no ill effects. But I do have total control of them, no small (or larger!) kids etc.

Take reasonable care, and when it's time to sell 'em, no worse for wear, and they still fetch great prices on fleabay, etc. And you were able to enjoy them at the fullest extent.
    Everyone's homefront is different. You can choose to screensave or not ! LOL

Mark, the AmFilm protector I use does not interfere with clarity at all IMHO. When it is turned on, it is bright and clear. It also works perfectly with the S pen and all other touch screen features.

I have screen protectors for tablets and phones just sitting at the house. I got them for various devices and never ended up installing them. Personally I do not think they are worth the trouble if you have gorilla glass.

I just got the Poetic Strapback case. Snug fit. I thought about getting a TPU case to go along with it but I do not think it would fit. Case looks good except the silver poetic across the front. However my last poetic case started to fall apart after just more than a year. The only thing I do not really like about the case is you have to undo the to bottom corner taps to use the stand at an angle.

Samsung spend lots of money creating a beautiful fast screen, then we spoil it with a piece of plastic. IMHO we dont need one.

Quote Originally Posted by monsieurms View Post
    They look very impressive, but many of the reviews on Amazon for the 10.1 seem to say it interferes with the S pen function. IS that true?
    This is my first tablet and I did use it a couple of weeks before I got to BB but I haven't seen/felt any problems using the S-Pen. What are the issues you've read about?

I like the Fintie cases, made well, well priced on amazon. have one for my Note and my 7" Tab. I'm in the non screen protector group. Never had a problem
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .

Quote Originally Posted by tomlh View Post
    Samsung spend lots of money creating a beautiful fast screen, then we spoil it with a piece of plastic. IMHO we dont need one.
    I was afraid of that too but after knowing several people that have used Zagg HD screen protectors for their iPads with Retina display and being very happy with them, the research I did AND the 100% guarantee for life of the product, it kinda took any of the apprehension out of the decision

I was afraid of that too but after knowing several people that have used Zagg HD screen protectors for their iPads with Retina display and being very happy with them, the research I did AND the 100% guarantee for life of the product, it kinda took any of the apprehension out of the decision
    Yep. Everyone's talking about the screen protectors killing the display. NOT the one I bought. Not if you get a good one. Not if you apply it carefully. It works just fine, I think. Once you turn on, the bright, vivid display comes right through.

This is my first tablet and I did use it a couple of weeks before I got to BB but I haven't seen/felt any problems using the S-Pen. What are the issues you've read about?
    Note that I haven't used the Zagg---so this is not MY opinion, just that of others on Amazon's reviews----but there seemed to be quite a lot of reviews indicating that the Zagg was so hard or thick (I don't know which) that it interfered with the responsiveness of the pen when writing on the screen.

Hence removed from my tablets.

Via my Note 3
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.

My files: http://www.appbrain.com/user/bclinge...the-htc-evo-4g

Quote Originally Posted by monsieurms View Post
    Note that I haven't used the Zagg---so this is not MY opinion, just that of others on Amazon's reviews----but there seemed to be quite a lot of reviews indicating that the Zagg was so hard or thick (I don't know which) that it interfered with the responsiveness of the pen when writing on the screen.
    It's definitely not hard, it's a tiny bit spongy. If it's causing responsiveness issues with the S-Pen, I'm not aware of it. Which one did you buy?

this is my favorite case, i buy this type for all my tablets, usually the Moko brand but i went with Poetic for this one due to color, they offer good protection and i like the strap inside and at $10 you cannot go worng

Cases and Accessories-img_20140212_144340.jpg

Attachment 105045
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cases and Accessories-img_20140212_144456.jpg  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast