What can be stored on an SD card with the Galaxy Note 10.1?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Unless rooted, you can't store apps on the SD card for the Note 10.1. I sincerely hope they change that when the '14 10.1 goes on sale this month.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Really? I was under the impression that this tablet DOES support App2SD just like they updated for the S4... The Note 3 supports this. It is, however, still subject to the app developers support; if the dev doesn't allow SD Installs, the app won't let you move it to the SD Card even if the tablet supports this.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Is it out yet? I thought it wasn't coming until the 10th... I'm not in the US, but I'm fairly close hehe if it's out, I guess I'll have to plan a little shopping trip for the weekend :)

PhabPhan

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Yes, you can move apps to the sd card. My only trouble with it is that when the tablet jolted, the SD is mysteriously unmounted.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not mysteriously (I hoped Samsung would have found a way to fix this). The latest Samsung phones have issues with SD Cards unmounting/remounting on their own, rendering App2SD pretty much useless as it becomes unreliable, and also storing files becomes a hazard as you risk losing data or corrupt files. I've personally seen issues since the Note 2 :(

But, let's give Samsung's software Engineers the benefit of the doubt and try to blame their design department and QC inspectors. If this happened when the tablet jolted, it MIGHT be possible that the SD card doesn't have a snug fit inside it's housing and will lose touch with the contact pins upon the jolt. You could try to slide a cardboard cutout (a buisness card will do the trick) on the back of the SD card to make for a tighter fit (BUT BEWARE!!! This may end up being too tight of a grip and make it extremely difficult to pull the memory out when you need it, so do this at your own risk).

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
If the apps2sd feature is there it still won't fix the app data not moving to the SD card issue. But that aside you can put a ton of content and media on the card which is exactly what I want. Work documents, movies, etc for on the go use.

Nuuq

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I can't move them to SD eather. For instance, I tried to move Heartstone via Appinfo and it did move, and I ended up with 44MB on SD and 1.5GB on internal :)
Even now, rooted, it says that I have no enough space on SD while I have 32GB free. So confused... I'm on CM12 now. Any solutions?

Nancy Davison

Jan 22, 2017
Visit site
This is NOT cool! I do not spend this much money, to NOT be able to move things to my SD card! I will Not buy another one of these tablets UNLESS it can be moved to my card. THIS IS SICK SAMSUNG! Why else is there an sd slot if you CANNOT move things to it! Real sick rip off!

Last edited:

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Really odd because I can move most anything to my 32G SD card...

Also look at app called AMAZE it s operating system system access app the can copy/paste almost anything to SD card...

Nancy Davison

Jan 22, 2017
Visit site
My 32 year old daughter and her husband bought the same tablets, came home took me to Best Buy same place they bought theirs. My son-in-law went to Computer school. He cannot get my tablet to do a lot that theirs does. We cannot get Apps to download to card. There is not an option for it. Mine is slightly different. Thanks for responding!

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Dale...Amaze has this to say: "Note - Basic r/w operations might not work on external memory on Kitkat devices. Don't use cut/paste from or to external SD Card. You might loose your files."

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke