1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question What can be stored on an SD card with the Galaxy Note 10.1?

Is the storage restricted to media only or can you also have programs moved/stored on the SD card?

Global Posts
    6,221 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: What can be stored on an SD card with the Galaxy Note 10.1?

Unless rooted, you can't store apps on the SD card for the Note 10.1. I sincerely hope they change that when the '14 10.1 goes on sale this month.
    Live long and prosper.

Really? I was under the impression that this tablet DOES support App2SD just like they updated for the S4... The Note 3 supports this. It is, however, still subject to the app developers support; if the dev doesn't allow SD Installs, the app won't let you move it to the SD Card even if the tablet supports this.

Global Posts
    6,221 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

I could be mistaken but I'm gonna stop by a Best Buy today and verify.

from my Sony XTZ
    Live long and prosper.

Is it out yet? I thought it wasn't coming until the 10th... I'm not in the US, but I'm fairly close hehe if it's out, I guess I'll have to plan a little shopping trip for the weekend

Yes, you can move apps to the sd card. My only trouble with it is that when the tablet jolted, the SD is mysteriously unmounted.

Not mysteriously (I hoped Samsung would have found a way to fix this). The latest Samsung phones have issues with SD Cards unmounting/remounting on their own, rendering App2SD pretty much useless as it becomes unreliable, and also storing files becomes a hazard as you risk losing data or corrupt files. I've personally seen issues since the Note 2

But, let's give Samsung's software Engineers the benefit of the doubt and try to blame their design department and QC inspectors. If this happened when the tablet jolted, it MIGHT be possible that the SD card doesn't have a snug fit inside it's housing and will lose touch with the contact pins upon the jolt. You could try to slide a cardboard cutout (a buisness card will do the trick) on the back of the SD card to make for a tighter fit (BUT BEWARE!!! This may end up being too tight of a grip and make it extremely difficult to pull the memory out when you need it, so do this at your own risk).

Global Posts
    4,862 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

If the apps2sd feature is there it still won't fix the app data not moving to the SD card issue. But that aside you can put a ton of content and media on the card which is exactly what I want. Work documents, movies, etc for on the go use.