Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Question about picking up the SGN 10.1 2014

    This is probably going to seem like a silly question but here goes. With the SGN 10.1 2014 slated for a Thursday (10/10) release does that mean that on Thursday I'll be able to swing down to my local best buy and just pick one up in person?
  2. #2  
    Haalcyon's Avatar

    Posts
    5,959 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

    Default Re: Question about picking up the SGN 10.1 2014

    Welcome to the forum David!

    That's not a silly question whatsoever! I happen to know the answer to this because I just asked them at Best Buy myself and the answer is a resounding 'Yes!' I'm chomp'n at the bit for the 10.1 (I just returned my Sony Xperia Tablet Z).

    Best Buy is also doing pre-orders (as is Amazon) and I'll be there waiting to pick mine up on Thursday!
    Live long and prosper.


    SpookDroid likes this.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Question about picking up the SGN 10.1 2014

    Same here. Pre ordered my 32GB white one, will be there bright and early on Thursday!


    Sent from my Crapple iPhone 5
  4. #4  
    Haalcyon's Avatar

    Posts
    5,959 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

    Default Re: Question about picking up the SGN 10.1 2014

    It's gonna be frick'n AWESOME! I have the Note 3 and the Note 8 (for work). I will have...THE TRINITY. I can't wait!



    Note 8.0
    Live long and prosper.


  5. #5  

    Default Re: Question about picking up the SGN 10.1 2014

    They are available for shipping now from TigerDirect. I bought mine last week 10/1 with overnight shipping and got it on 10/2.
  6. #6  
    Haalcyon's Avatar

    Posts
    5,959 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

    Default Re: Question about picking up the SGN 10.1 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by PhabPhan View Post
    They are available for shipping now from TigerDirect. I bought mine last week 10/1 with overnight shipping and got it on 10/2.
    You're the 2nd person I've read say that. I'll have to wait. I can wait. I think I can wait.....


    Note 8.0
    Live long and prosper.


  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Question about picking up the SGN 10.1 2014

    Thanks all for the replies.

    So, if I go online now and preorder I'll be able to waltz down there Thursday morning and pick it up? Or do I just go there on Thursday? I'm pretty excited about trying this thing out. I've had nothing but iPads as far as tablets go (iPad 2, 3 and 4). Just switched to the galaxy s4 for my phone and was on the fence about updating to an android tablet. Then someone decided to help themself to my backpack with my iPad (among alot of other things) inside. Once that happened I decided it was time to try something different. As much as I loved my iPads I've been doing nothing but b*tching about them for years so I guess fate stepped in and decided it was time for me to stop whining and do something about it
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Question about picking up the SGN 10.1 2014

    It all depends on which store you go to and what the inventory VS pre-orders is. Your best bet is to make a pre-order and have them deliver it to you on Thursday but before you go into a store, I'd call first or check for availability online. This is a great product but if we're perfectly honest, it's not a megahyped one as, say, a new iPad launch. While that means you have a bigger chance of going into a store and finding one, it also means the store is not stocking as many units since it doesn't anticipate a great rush to get them.

    That and the price tag pretty much scares a lot of people away from this tablet. Unfortunately I'm not in the US (but somewhat close) so I'll have to wait until I have a trip or my friends have something else to go shop for.
  9. #9  
    Haalcyon's Avatar

    Posts
    5,959 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

    Default Re: Question about picking up the SGN 10.1 2014

    Best Buy is selling them today. I'm picking up mine right now.

    from my Note 3
    Live long and prosper.


  10. #10  
    Haalcyon's Avatar

    Posts
    5,959 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

    Default Re: Question about picking up the SGN 10.1 2014

    Question about picking up the SGN 10.1 2014-1381267360106.jpg

    from my Note 3
    Live long and prosper.


    Thanked by:
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Question about picking up the SGN 10.1 2014

    As for Tiger Direct, looks like they only had two. I ordered mine as soon as I heard anyone on here actually had one in hand, (said in-stock) and it went on backorder IMMEDIATELY and now it's still on backorder. And if it stays past the preorder date, there will be words had.
  12. #12  
    Tbayrgs's Avatar

    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

    Default Re: Question about picking up the SGN 10.1 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1381267360106.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	85147

    from my Note 3
    Yeah, they had them in stock at my local Best Buy but no model out for display and when they tried to ring it up, their system wouldn't let them sell it to me, said it was not yet available for sale. And to portray exactly how knowledgeable their staff is, nobody had any clue when it would actually go on sale, including the employee staffing their Samsung section-- he thought it was, and I quote, 'sometime next week, I think.'

    With that I let them know Amazon would likely be getting my business.
  13. #13  
    Haalcyon's Avatar

    Posts
    5,959 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

    Default Re: Question about picking up the SGN 10.1 2014

    Correct. The Samsung rep tried to sell it to me but couldn't, so I'll be there bright and early on Thursday.


    Note 8.0
    Live long and prosper.


  14. #14  

    Default Re: Question about picking up the SGN 10.1 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Tbayrgs View Post
    Yeah, they had them in stock at my local Best Buy but no model out for display and when they tried to ring it up, their system wouldn't let them sell it to me, said it was not yet available for sale. And to portray exactly how knowledgeable their staff is, nobody had any clue when it would actually go on sale, including the employee staffing their Samsung section-- he thought it was, and I quote, 'sometime next week, I think.'

    With that I let them know Amazon would likely be getting my business.
    Sorry...hopefully you will get it soon. It is nice!


    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Spradlin View Post
    As for Tiger Direct, looks like they only had two. I ordered mine as soon as I heard anyone on here actually had one in hand, (said in-stock) and it went on backorder IMMEDIATELY and now it's still on backorder. And if it stays past the preorder date, there will be words had.


    Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk now Free
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Question about picking up the SGN 10.1 2014

    Phab, are you an android fairy? As SOON as I read that, my email alert dinged, TD changed the status to shipped with a tracking number, although the tracking number is still not active. It's supposed to be delivered ON the 10th.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Question about picking up the SGN 10.1 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Spradlin View Post
    Phab, are you an android fairy? As SOON as I read that, my email alert dinged, TD changed the status to shipped with a tracking number, although the tracking number is still not active. It's supposed to be delivered ON the 10th.
    Hooray!

    Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk now Free
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Question about picking up the SGN 10.1 2014

    According to the agreement with vendors, Samsung has shipped the units to them but they're not allowed to sell them or have customers receive them before tomorrow.
  18. #18  
    Haalcyon's Avatar

    Posts
    5,959 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

    Default Re: Question about picking up the SGN 10.1 2014

    The reviews I'm reading all say the same thing. That it's a bit laggy. I guess I'll find out for myself tomorrow. I'll have 45 days to test drive it as a Best Buy Elite Plus customer.

    from my Note 3
    Live long and prosper.


  19. #19  

    Default Re: Question about picking up the SGN 10.1 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    The reviews I'm reading all say the same thing. That it's a bit laggy. I guess I'll out for myself tomorrow. I'll have 45 days to test drive it as a Best Buy Elite Plus customer.

    from my Note 3
    Same with me...I probably won't notice the lag (coming from a Transformer Infinity with all of its problems, so any lags won't 'register' in my brain). I also have 45 days, so I'll play around with all the new tabs until I find one I'll settle on.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Question about picking up the SGN 10.1 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    The reviews I'm reading all say the same thing. That it's a bit laggy. I guess I'll out for myself tomorrow. I'll have 45 days to test drive it as a Best Buy Elite Plus customer.

    from my Note 3
    Same here. Within 45 days I'm sure iPad 5 and Nexus 10 will be out, so if I return it I won't be without a tablet for more than a few minutes!


    Sent from my Crapple iPhone 5
  21. #21  
    Tbayrgs's Avatar

    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

    Default Re: Question about picking up the SGN 10.1 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    The reviews I'm reading all say the same thing. That it's a bit laggy. I guess I'll out for myself tomorrow. I'll have 45 days to test drive it as a Best Buy Elite Plus customer.

    from my Note 3
    Great point, forgot about that benefit. Looks like I'll go back to BB tomorrow with my 'tail tucked between my legs', so to speak.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Question about picking up the SGN 10.1 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo 1 View Post
    Same here. Within 45 days I'm sure iPad 5 and Nexus 10 will be out, so if I return it I won't be without a tablet for more than a few minutes!


    Sent from my Crapple iPhone 5
    Don't believe these reviews I've had mine for over a week now, I snagged one from Tiger Direct and it runs very smooth.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Question about picking up the SGN 10.1 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by SaSqUaDgE View Post
    Don't believe these reviews I've had mine for over a week now, I snagged one from Tiger Direct and it runs very smooth.
    very nice.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Question about picking up the SGN 10.1 2014

    Is it possible to return one at Best Buy after a couple weeks? I'm jonesing for one but if theNexus 10 comes out with similar specs but better performance due to no TouchWiz Lag and is $150-$200 cheaper I might want to swap out the SGNfor a Nexus 10 refresh.
  25. #25  
    Haalcyon's Avatar

    Posts
    5,959 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

    Default Re: Question about picking up the SGN 10.1 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Joey_C View Post
    Is it possible to return one at Best Buy after a couple weeks? I'm jonesing for one but if theNexus 10 comes out with similar specs but better performance due to no TouchWiz Lag and is $150-$200 cheaper I might want to swap out the SGNfor a Nexus 10 refresh.
    Best Buy has a 14-day no-restocking-fee policy so you should be okay to return it if there are problems or you decide something else better fits your needs.


    Note 8.0
    Live long and prosper.


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Drop it at just the right angle and you too can achieve this...
    By phoenixone in forum Verizon Droid DNA
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-14-2013, 06:11 PM
  2. Any update on the wood back variant?
    By Bnjf in forum Moto X (2013)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-09-2013, 07:35 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-08-2013, 03:51 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-08-2013, 02:19 PM
  5. A quick micro sd question
    By emiinn in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-08-2013, 12:47 PM

Posting Permissions