Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 - CASE (Discussion & Reviews)

Jelly Belly

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I bought the poetic slimline case for mine but found it hard to hold. It didn't make the 10.1 nice to use.

I paid an arm and a leg to get the Aegis (in Blue. Looks great on the device) from the US but it's made the 10.1 into a different machine now.

It is really easy to hold because of the raised grips on the back. It feels solid. It just makes me want to use the tablet all the time now.

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I paid an arm and a leg to get the Aegis (in Blue. Looks great on the device) from the US but it's made the 10.1 into a different machine now.

Is this the one you ordered ?

How do you prop it up on a desk... does it have a kickstand or something ? It definitely looks sturdy but to use it in an office, it would have to remain visible on a desk for me.
Thanks

Jelly Belly

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes that is the one.

I like the contrast between the inner black rubber and the outer hard shell in blue.

There is nothing on it to allow it to stand, but the rubber protrudes beyond the hard shell so its not going to slip and you can safely lean it on something.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I ordered the Trident KRAKEN case with the optional handle/stand and it should be here tomorrow. I needed a rugged case because I use my tablet at my warehouse as well as outdoors (shoot coaching videos for the high school track program I coach for). I'll post my thoughts as soon as I get some time with the case.

I like the case. It's sturdy but a little difficult to put together - it took a bit of wiggling to get the power and volume rocker buttons to fit through the holes. I'd say it took me about 10 min to finish getting it all together. The screen protector is as I expected - a little shiny so there is some glare - but it's responsive to touch. The pen is a little sensitive but works well. It's a little "sticky" so your handwriting needs to be a little deliberate. I am guessing that over time it will calm down and the pen might glide easier. The speaker ports work great and don't hamper the sound at all. Trident says the case is water resistant - like when you get caught in the rain. Could be true because each of the ports have rubber flaps that cover the open ports. The one thing I don't like about those ports is that they don't seal shut by snapping into a locking position.

I also purchased the stand. I like the design and not only does it stand the tablet up in multiple modes (it rotates around so it can stand the tablet on all 4 sides) but it can be used to hang it from the wall or a door knob and it can act as a hand hold. It can be easily removed from the case.

Overall, I like it and will hold out hope that the screen calms down so the pen glides more smoothly.

View attachment 110412
View attachment 110413
Great looking case!

grafrogue

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I purchased a rugged case from Cell Phone Mobile Accessories at Wholesale - WirelessGround.com for about $30.00. So far it is a great case. It is a three part case. It has a back, bezel, and rubber cover for the back and sides. It does not have a screen protector, but that seems to be the case with cases for Note 10.1 2014 because of the buttons on the front. It also has a built in kickstand that allows vertical and horizontal orientation. I really like it so far. I found the case when I accidentally stumbled onto a youtube video that the site used to show off the case. The video is at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAUxSnUzkvg. It feels "Otterbox" sturdy just like the Otterbox I have for my iPad Air, minus the screen protector.

ccunlif1

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Great looking case!

Hi guys very new to the forum, thanks to all the posts I am looking for an otterbox type case, Trident KRAKEN case, is the closest, is there anything that has a 'lid' 'outercase' screen cover that you can take off the front and put it on the back, like the holster part of the otterbox Defender Series. I work in a environment where I am on the move and want to be able just to cover the case and throw it in a bag. If there are any more that come to light please let me know!. Thanks guys

mrspatmore

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I ordered the Trident KRAKEN case with the optional handle/stand and it should be here tomorrow. I needed a rugged case because I use my tablet at my warehouse as well as outdoors (shoot coaching videos for the high school track program I coach for). I'll post my thoughts as soon as I get some time with the case.

Hello jfarinella: I know it's only been a few weeks since you posted about your KRAKEN case, but I'm wondering if you've had any problems with it? I'm hopefully finally getting a replacement for my Galaxy 10.1 2014 (after a five month fight with Samsung) and I want to be ready with a good case when it arrives. I was going to go ahead and order the KRAKEN case but there are some really bad reviews on Amazon. So if you have any additional feedback after using the case for a couple of weeks, I'd love to hear it. Thank you for posting.

jfarinella

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
mrspatmore - the case has worked great for me so far. I locked in the stand and it hasn't popped out on me at all. I use it for a handle all the time. This past weekend I was at track meet taking some video when the case was knocked out of my hand and fell on some concrete and then it slid into some VERY dry dirt (where it slid for a few feet). Not a mark on the device and it kept working like a charm. A little dirt got under the screen but it still functioned fine. When i finally got home and took it apart to clean it there was dust in the case but my Note 2014 was 100%.

Also, I use the pen all the time to take quick notes and it works fine. As I kept using the tablet with the case the screen protector stopped being so "squeaky" clean and everything slid across it better. I like the look, feel and weight of the case and would recommend it to anyone who wants the full protection of a tough case.

jumphour

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 - CASE (Discussion & Reviews)

I got this.... Amazon.com: Poetic Slimbook Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Tablet Black (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic): Computers & Accessories The Poetic SlimBook. I'll be bummed if I drop it and the tablet breaks, but I have a warranty for that, and I'm cheap and the case was only $9.95 shipped from Amazon, so that's a good thing! And it has the flap with velcro that folds underneath the tablet when you slide it in, to keep it from falling out. I like having the elastic band to keep the cover closed too.

- - - Updated - - -

PalmPat58

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site

gregjk

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Zagg just announced a new keyboard case for all 3 major sizes of tablets....The one for our 10.1 2014 is coming soon....pictures look great.....battery on keyboard only needs to be charged once a year....

pablomanila

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I prefer the more rigid Samsung bookcase for my 605. Poetic case is a bit flimsy. For daily use, I depend on my Capdase rubber jacket and a modified Havit heavy duty aluminum stand.

ypevyrut.jpg

e9a3y9uj.jpg

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

clietreo

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Zagg just announced a new keyboard case for all 3 major sizes of tablets....The one for our 10.1 2014 is coming soon....pictures look great.....battery on keyboard only needs to be charged once a year....

Can you provide a link?

Posted via Android Central App

gregjk

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Just go to Zaggs website.....I received a marketing email from them with pictures .....they are currently selling an adjustable keyboard case that fits all tablets around 7" size.....they have another for tablets of 8" and another for tablets of 10" size coming out soon. The price on the one for 7" was $79.99 with free shipping......I have not seen these (or this one) at Best Buy yet in my area, but I now will be looking.

alexoneseven

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Just letting everyone know their are now rugged cases for the 10.1 2014 and tempered glass screen protectors both are on ebay. May I also suggest to the person wanting them for a construction job site to buy a tempered glass screen protector. Hope this helps. (Unfortunately these rugged cases are not otterbox though. Otterbox has no plans to make one for this tablet)

Actually, otter just released a defender series case for the note pro on amazon. Although it is for the "note pro" there is an opening for the s pen which I assume is there because this case will be compatible with the 2014 edition as well. Ship date is 1-2 months.

Didn't grab the link but you can find it on amazon. Already have mine ordered.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I have been using the Fintie Ultra Slim available for $8.99 on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Fintie-Samsun...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3605388

It can sleep or wake with the cover, and it folds to be a decent stand. I have had it for about a month and a half and don't have any problem accessing the S Pen, MicroSD slot, buttons or headphone jack. it only grips at the corners and seems to have the right amount of grip as the tablet stays in the case, but I don't feel like I'm going to break the case or the tablet on the occasion where I want to remove it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance