OK so who's getting one today and let's hear some initial impressions!

Leemstradamus

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Got back a few hours ago with a black one for me and the White one for the wife. Both 32 gb. The screen on this thing is amazing and making my note 3 look less amazing.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

samsungnian

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I went to be on Saturday to play around with note 3. When I saw note 10, I played around with it for few min. The unit was so unresponsive and finally crashed after few min. Talk to samsung rep, he said, hmmmm. After a while, we figured out the unit had security device screwed so tight. It bent the note 10, just a little. Anyhow, got to play around a little more, it was slow at time and was told wifi was suck at demo area. I told the rep, dude.. you are giving a bad impression. At the end, I walked out with 32gb note 10 not note 3. I guess, I am keeping my s4.

Let me just say, the note 10 is so awsome. It is better than my nexus 7 2013. I gave the nexus 7 to my daughter now. It is super fast, I am not sure what other is talking a out? Perhaps, I am just not as picky. All, I can say is, it is bandwidth hungry. My ISP is 100mb, I don't see any slowness at all.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4

Ktrek

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
The 2014 Note 10.1 is out for me.
Now between the Nexus 10 refresh when it comes out or the iPad 5.
Hoping the Nexus 10 is as buttery smooth and light as the Nexus 7.

Sorry to hear that Joey because I can almost guarantee that Best Buy's demo was just stock out of the box. Mine was laggy too but once I got things set up I downloaded the update (I'm sure Best Buy did not do) and it seems that Samsung has fixed much of the lag problems. I certainly understand the hesitancy but every product I have ever owned had some issues and if the manufacturer is reputable they fix them soon after release. Samsung has been very good on fixing issues on their devices as far as I can tell. You're the one spending the money though and only you know what features you must have in a tablet/notebook.
Kevin

Joey_C

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hear that Joey because I can almost guarantee that Best Buy's demo was just stock out of the box. Mine was laggy too but once I got things set up I downloaded the update (I'm sure Best Buy did not do) and it seems that Samsung has fixed much of the lag problems. I certainly understand the hesitancy but every product I have ever owned had some issues and if the manufacturer is reputable they fix them soon after release. Samsung has been very good on fixing issues on their devices as far as I can tell. You're the one spending the money though and only you know what features you must have in a tablet/notebook.
Kevin

I enjoy my Galaxy s3. Perhaps they didn't upload the updates like you said.
My take is that what I saw with my own eyes going back and forth between the Nexus 7 2013, , 2014 Note 10.1 and iPad 4 showed considerable lag and slowness rendering pages on the part of the Note 10.1 compared to teh other two devices and the iPad one being last year's model (iPad refresh due in 8 days)
I had every intention of buying one right then and there but couldn't possibly based on real world visual experience. So now I'm waiting for the new Nexus 10 to be released and if it's anywhere close to being as responsive as the 2013 Nexus 7 and having a 16:10 screen aspect ratio and slimmer bezels like the nexus 7 I'll be plunking my money down on that. If not, then the Ipad 5.
If they've done and update and got the 10.1 straightened out I'd buy that. I like the feel of it and despite what the reviewers said about the faux leather backing i thought it felt much nicer than any other material used on a tablet but again going between the devices and seeing what I saw there was no way I could in good conscience plunk my money down knowing these other new devices were going to be coming out withing weeks of the 2014 Note 10.1.

I hope what I saw was just an abberation and I hope everyone that got theirs loves it to pieces.

To answer a previous question , no I didn't do a restart on any of the devices that were on the floor at Best Buy.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I enjoy my Galaxy s3. Perhaps they didn't upload the updates like you said.
My take is that what I saw with my own eyes going back and forth between the Nexus 7 2013, , 2014 Note 10.1 and iPad 4 showed considerable lag and slowness rendering pages on the part of the Note 10.1 compared to teh other two devices and the iPad one being last year's model (iPad refresh due in 8 days)
I had every intention of buying one right then and there but couldn't possibly based on real world visual experience. So now I'm waiting for the new Nexus 10 to be released and if it's anywhere close to being as responsive as the 2013 Nexus 7 and having a 16:10 screen aspect ratio and slimmer bezels like the nexus 7 I'll be plunking my money down on that. If not, then the Ipad 5.
If they've done and update and got the 10.1 straightened out I'd buy that. I like the feel of it and despite what the reviewers said about the faux leather backing i thought it felt much nicer than any other material used on a tablet but again going between the devices and seeing what I saw there was no way I could in good conscience plunk my money down knowing these other new devices were going to be coming out withing weeks of the 2014 Note 10.1.

I hope what I saw was just an abberation and I hope everyone that got theirs loves it to pieces.

To answer a previous question , no I didn't do a restart on any of the devices that were on the floor at Best Buy.
I would have bought it, taken it home and used it, let it get any updates and made a decision based on that experience. The Nexus 7 is a raw device too, so I'd not be surprised to see it perform well compared to the most feature-laden Android tablet ever produced. That said, my '14 Note 10.1 performs very very very fast and I'm quite satisfied with the purchase.

Derrick Ray

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Picked mine up Thursday afternoon just before leaving for vacation. Had the chance to play around with it over the weekend and I must say I am incredibly impressed. Coming from an iPad 4 I can say that this tablet is every bit as smooth and it's lightening fast. I couldn't be happier with this purchase. This is my first experience with any type of interface like Touchwiz and this whole s pen. I must say, I was expecting that I wouldn't really care for it but that has to be one of the most amazing things I've ever used. I simply cannot believe how flawlessly it works. I didn't think I'd used it at all and since I've had this tablet I haven't typed a single message on Facebook as I write them all with the s pen. Truly amazing device. Now, if I could just get Samsung to finally send me the danged email so I can claim all the galaxy perks stuff!

boltor

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Picked mine up Thursday afternoon just before leaving for vacation. Had the chance to play around with it over the weekend and I must say I am incredibly impressed. Coming from an iPad 4 I can say that this tablet is every bit as smooth and it's lightening fast. I couldn't be happier with this purchase. This is my first experience with any type of interface like Touchwiz and this whole s pen. I must say, I was expecting that I wouldn't really care for it but that has to be one of the most amazing things I've ever used. I simply cannot believe how flawlessly it works. I didn't think I'd used it at all and since I've had this tablet I haven't typed a single message on Facebook as I write them all with the s pen. Truly amazing device. Now, if I could just get Samsung to finally send me the danged email so I can claim all the galaxy perks stuff!

Thanks, great info. I am also looking to move from an iPad 3, so very interested in your experiences. Any other advantages over the ipad?

joeynumbers

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up a 16gb one. The tablet is pretty awesome. Has remote control for your TV in the notifications. I'm being open minded about the Samsung software and so far so good. My only complaint is that it resets back to keyboard after using the pen when using s search app. It should be able to have a default choice for input.

Posted via Android Central App

dllrogers55

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Compared to my PlayBook, this Note boots up incredibly fast from being powered off. The PB took several minutes which seemed like five. This Note took about 30 seconds! Amazing difference.

dllrogers55

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
One issue I have is with backing up the device. I had to exchange my first Note 2014 because the left speaker cover was loose. I backed up everything with Samsung Kies 3. When I got the replacement, I restored it, thinking all my personalized settings would also restore. Many of them did not. I had to recreate my home screen and others, moving and changing the icons. It didn't keep the Magazine settings. It didn't keep the Lock Screen personal message. Quite a few others had to be redone. Does anyone have experience with the backing up/restore features of Kies? More learning ahead for me but it's interesting and I enjoy learning.

samsungnian

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
One issue I have is with backing up the device. I had to exchange my first Note 2014 because the left speaker cover was loose. I backed up everything with Samsung Kies 3. When I got the replacement, I restored it, thinking all my personalized settings would also restore. Many of them did not. I had to recreate my home screen and others, moving and changing the icons. It didn't keep the Magazine settings. It didn't keep the Lock Screen personal message. Quite a few others had to be redone. Does anyone have experience with the backing up/restore features of Kies? More learning ahead for me but it's interesting and I enjoy learning.

Funny thing you mentioned loose speaker cover, my right side is slightly loose when holding right side down. But, everything else is perfect. I am not going to exchange it. I am afraid, I will run into different issue. I have not tried the back up facility. Especially with Kies. There are few good back up apps other there. You might want to check that out.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4

Rob.G

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I got mine today. I had to order it from Amazon because my local Best Buy didn't have a 32gb white one in stock. I've always had black devices (phones, iPads, etc) and these just looked better to me in white. I also have a new Note 3 that I've had for about ten days. I switched over from an iPhone 4S, and now am switching over from an iPad 3. It's a full on iOS abandonment fest! :)

I had used Android before, two years ago when I had a Droid X. I went to the iPhone from it, and really hated Android at the time. I found it to be buggy and laggy. Now after a friend in Texas got a Note 3 and gushed at how great it was, I went to Best Buy to check it out. Fortunately the Samsung booth had a girl who was very excited to demo it for me. That sold me on it. Then after getting used to it, I tried to use my iPad and went, man, this thing is useless! So I started researching tablets. I wanted a Note 8, but it wasn't high-res yet, but this one was, so I grabbed it.

I'm just now getting it setup, and it's super zippy. It has "stuttered" a few times when closing apps, but other than that, it's fantastic. I see it as the difference between a real OS (Android) and a toy (iOS).

Between the power, the resolution, the overall size, a real filesystem, and Swype, I can see this taking the place of my laptop frequently!

Rob

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1382065567524.jpg
    1382065567524.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 1382065584144.jpg
    1382065584144.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 32

Rob.G

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Sync function? Would somebody be so kind as to tell me how to make that happen please? :)

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out, at least with regard to the S Note stuff.

Rob

Last edited:

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Sync function? Would somebody be so kind as to tell me how to make that happen please? :)

Rob

When setting up your tablet you have the option to set up the sync option for your notes with Evernote, Samsung, or none. I selected Samsung. Everything else is automatic. When you make a note on one device it appears on the other. If I can figure out how to take a screen shot without resetting the tablet I will. If I can get that screen shot I think it would help you alot.

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie