Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 43
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    shb
    shb is offline
    shb's Avatar

    Posts
    69 Posts

    Default Best Free apps to annotate on PDF

    Guys,

    My note will be here today and i am very excited.... one thing I want to ask is what are the best apps you used to annotate on PDFs ? I just started taking classes again and want to use it to mark up the PDF lecture notes

    Thanks
  2. #2  
    Tbayrgs's Avatar

    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

    Default Re: Best Free apps to annotate on PDF

    Quote Originally Posted by shb View Post
    Guys,

    My note will be here today and i am very excited.... one thing I want to ask is what are the best apps you used to annotate on PDFs ? I just started taking classes again and want to use it to mark up the PDF lecture notes

    Thanks
    I just downloaded Skitch yesterday and seems pretty good.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Best Free apps to annotate on PDF

    Adobe Reader

    ... but paid readers like RepliGo are worth their money.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Best Free apps to annotate on PDF

    Lecture Notes beats them all.

    Via my Note 3
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Best Free apps to annotate on PDF

    I tried Lecture Notes today, it seems to make annotations nicely, but it also converted my pdf file on import, transforming the text into images, while lowering the resolution... It seems nice to take notes with it, but not to edit pdf files.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Best Free apps to annotate on PDF

    I use it and notice a difference between devices.

    Via my Note 3
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.
  7. #7  
    gyroslice's Avatar

    Posts
    281 Posts
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

    Default Re: Best Free apps to annotate on PDF

    I find the native S-Note to be the best. It occasionally has problems uploading but it wasn't something that couldn't be remedied.

    Posted via Android Central App
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Best Free apps to annotate on PDF

    Quote Originally Posted by gyroslice View Post
    I find the native S-Note to be the best. It occasionally has problems uploading but it wasn't something that couldn't be remedied.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Snote is a really good built in app. I like it also. You can pretty much can do everything with it. Lecturenote is slightly better in term of writing speed and it is way more customizable, not that everyone needs to. Both are good note taking app. Samsung did a really great job with GN10 2014.


    Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Best Free apps to annotate on PDF

    Quote Originally Posted by gyroslice View Post
    I find the native S-Note to be the best. It occasionally has problems uploading but it wasn't something that couldn't be remedied.

    Posted via Android Central App
    I'm new to android and the note series so bear with me but how do you open pdfs with snote?

    Posted via Android Central App
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Best Free apps to annotate on PDF

    Quote Originally Posted by galaxynote4me View Post
    I'm new to android and the note series so bear with me but how do you open pdfs with snote?

    Posted via Android Central App
    Once you are in the snote app, press the menu button (left of the home button). Select import, then my device or where ever your pdf file is. Then select pdf file.

    Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Best Free apps to annotate on PDF

    I work extensively with pdf files. Lecture Notes has never given me a problem.

    Via my Note 3
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Best Free apps to annotate on PDF

    Quote Originally Posted by double07#WN View Post
    Once you are in the snote app, press the menu button (left of the home button). Select import, then my device or where ever your pdf file is. Then select pdf file.

    Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4
    That's my problem. "Import" is not an option when I press the menu. I have export but not import.

    Posted via Android Central App
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Best Free apps to annotate on PDF

    Hmmmm, that is interesting. I don't remember doing anything special. It is just there. Is anyone else missing the import option? I know lecturenote requires user to install separate pdf viewer app before you can see import option. Just be sure you are at the all notes top level of the snote app. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you. I hope someone else can charm in.

    Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Best Free apps to annotate on PDF

    Hi,

    @galaxynote4me: yea you have to ensure that you are at the screen where "all notes" is on the top left hand corner of the screen, then press the icon to the left of the middle button and its the 7th icon.

    Hope this helps.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Best Free apps to annotate on PDF

    For me it only appears when you're in the recent notes menu
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Best Free apps to annotate on PDF

    Quote Originally Posted by Gbuch View Post
    For me it only appears when you're in the recent notes menu
    yep, when you are in the recent notes menu, you will be able to see the "all notes" rectangular button on the top left hand corner of the screen. So we are pretty much talking about the same thing
    Thanked by:
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Best Free apps to annotate on PDF

    That makes sense, I interpreted the signs on top not as the current page, but as a link to go there (i.e., seeing the "All notes" sign would mean that clicking on it would take me to the "All notes" page), it took me a couple of days to try the menu button on what I thought was the "recent notes" screen...
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Best Free apps to annotate on PDF

    I like the layout of iAnnotate

    Posted via Android Central App
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Best Free apps to annotate on PDF

    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger#IM View Post
    I work extensively with pdf files. Lecture Notes has never given me a problem.

    Via my Note 3
    Did you have problems initially importing pdfs? When I go under settings the import pdf it appears gray as if I don't have the option. Any suggestions?

    Posted via Android Central App
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Best Free apps to annotate on PDF

    galaxynote4me, Lecture Notes needs another app to be able to import pdfs, called PDFView. My problem is that when I import a pdf using it the text becomes blurred... Are there any workarounds?
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Best Free apps to annotate on PDF

    Quote Originally Posted by Gbuch View Post
    galaxynote4me, Lecture Notes needs another app to be able to import pdfs, called PDFView. My problem is that when I import a pdf using it the text becomes blurred... Are there any workarounds?
    My observation is, importing in as US papersize of 26xx by 33xx, the text is nice and sharp. I see some blurriness when imported in at lower size.

    Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Best Free apps to annotate on PDF

    Quote Originally Posted by double07#WN View Post
    My observation is, importing in as US papersize of 26xx by 33xx, the text is nice and sharp. I see some blurriness when imported in at lower size.

    Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4
    So, since I'm not the one making the original pdf, I haven't got much of a choice, right? Then I guess I'll have to keep with adobe reader...
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Best Free apps to annotate on PDF

    Quote Originally Posted by Gbuch View Post
    So, since I'm not the one making the original pdf, I haven't got much of a choice, right? Then I guess I'll have to keep with adobe reader...
    If the original is blurred, nothing you can do. Otherwise, what I said, at the time you importing in; you would set the paper size just like when you are creating new note in lecturenote. You can press on question mark on papersize, and select the size I mentioned earlier. Importing in pdf file with that size seems to be nice and sharp to me.

    Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Best Free apps to annotate on PDF

    Quote Originally Posted by double07#WN View Post
    If the original is blurred, nothing you can do. Otherwise, what I said, at the time you importing in; you would set the paper size just like when you are creating new note in lecturenote. You can press on question mark on papersize, and select the size I mentioned earlier. Importing in pdf file with that size seems to be nice and sharp to me.

    Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4
    The original PDF is perfectly sharp, the text is actually text, and as you zoom in on it in other programs (such as adobe reader), the text gets sharper. When I zoom in on LectureNotes, however, the text becomes blurred, showing that the program didn't import the text as letters, but as an image. I tried following your advice, I didn't see an option of 26xx by 33xx, but I tried inputting high values (first proportional to the suggested ones, and then proportional to the tablet's resolution), and the text would still get blurred when zoomed in.
    Does your text stays sharp after zooming?
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Best Free apps to annotate on PDF

    Quote Originally Posted by Gbuch View Post
    The original PDF is perfectly sharp, the text is actually text, and as you zoom in on it in other programs (such as adobe reader), the text gets sharper. When I zoom in on LectureNotes, however, the text becomes blurred, showing that the program didn't import the text as letters, but as an image. I tried following your advice, I didn't see an option of 26xx by 33xx, but I tried inputting high values (first proportional to the suggested ones, and then proportional to the tablet's resolution), and the text would still get blurred when zoomed in.
    Does your text stays sharp after zooming?
    Here is some comparison.

    Original pdf
    Snote
    LectureNotes

    Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Best Free apps to annotate on PDF-uploadfromtaptalk1382325492400.jpg   Best Free apps to annotate on PDF-uploadfromtaptalk1382325521089.jpg   Best Free apps to annotate on PDF-uploadfromtaptalk1382325569599.jpg  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-22-2014, 02:35 PM
  2. Go Launcher on Note 3...anyone tried it yet?
    By joan006 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-03-2013, 11:53 PM
  3. What to buy
    By Fields3212 in forum Verizon LG G2
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-11-2013, 09:43 PM
  4. Auto rotate not working for stock phone app
    By LOTL2 in forum Motorola Droid MAXX
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-08-2013, 08:32 AM
  5. Live Wallpaper on Lockscreen
    By Novicode in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-13-2013, 07:12 AM

Posting Permissions