Question to owners of this tablet (lag)

worknman

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I've heard in various places that this tablet lags a bit. If you turn off the various Touchwiz animations (assuming it is possible to do so), does it help with the lag? Usually the first thing I do on any device I'm using is turn off any unnecessary animations and eye candy, like the effects that some launchers have when switching between home screens, or whatever. Probably as a result of this, I've never had any lag issues with any Android devices.

samsungnian

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
IMO, it definitely help when turning off all those animations. It is my standard procedure for me now a day.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I haven't noticed any lag, yet. But I haven't had much time to play with it. I am in the process of moving so most of my time is packing and stuff.

Torque

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello, someone on another site just bought one and is having issues with lag, especially when using chrome browser with multiple tabs open. He installed Nova and some of his widgets are now truncated. He prefers chrome because of tabs opening up in background. I told him I'd find out if anyone here has any advice on the truncated widgets (so far I advised him to see if he can resize them and if they remain truncated, and to check his wifi and other browsers. Does the OEM internet browser on this tablet have the ability in Settings to set it so that new tabs open in background and not jumping you to a new window? Thanks!

worknman

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
The Dolphin web browser will let you open tabs in the background. Although I don't have it currently installed, I bet Boat Browser would as well.

samsungnian

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
To my experience, chrome and built - in browser are a bit slow. Firefox is quicker. However, to me Dolphin is quicker then the rest. I have been using Dolphin since S3 phone. Dolphin is my go to.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4

joeynumbers

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Occasionally the Samsung weather app redraws on the home screen. There is some lag in the browser. Nothing awful, and definitely not a deal breaker.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz