Poetic Slimline Case - Note 10.1 2014 Edition $4.95

Mr_Armageddon

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
What's funny is when I pre-ordered this case a few days ago, it was $10... but free shipping. So looks like they are playing mind games with the total price, as some might not factor in shipping when they purchase it. Either way it is good deal. Have a similar case from Poetic on my Note 8, and have been happy with it so far.

I also purchased this Moko Case at the same time for $0.01, yes a PENNY, and free Amazon Prime 2day shipping! The price has now gone up to $5, but still offers free Prime shipping. I shows that it arrived at my house today (flying back home tomorrow), so I will use it until the Poetic arrives later this month.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Good catch on that. I thought I had seen another listing at $10 but didn't see the shipping charge since I opted for the $5 case plus shipping which is about the same. Still much cheaper than the Samsung cases that are not available and likely $60-70

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm also going to get the official Samsung case when that becomes available. I will let you know. But be aware that the Samsung case will probably cost $50 .

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Is it the "best" case, that is subjective. For $5 its definitely a solid choice. I have used Poetic cases on other tablets and have not been disappointed. I don't like bulky cases and this one does fit the bill. I simply cannot wait around for Samsung to pull their heads out of their butts and put accessories up for sale. They well in advance when it was going on sale so there is ZERO excuses as to why they are not on their own site let alone at retailers.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

It looks interesting, BUT... do you really want all those inside pockets with that funny stitching rubbing against your screen all the time? Especially if you have stuff already in those pockets...

I'm hoping I can go to the US sometime in November to buy this tablet, I also hope that, by then, Best Buy will have some more decent selection of cases for this tablet. I'd hate to take it home and have to wait for one...

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Is it the "best" case, that is subjective. For $5 its definitely a solid choice. I have used Poetic cases on other tablets and have not been disappointed. I don't like bulky cases and this one does fit the bill. I simply cannot wait around for Samsung to pull their heads out of their butts and put accessories up for sale. They well in advance when it was going on sale so there is ZERO excuses as to why they are not on their own site let alone at retailers.

I completely agree, Poetic is a great case and a great company. I purchase this style case from Poetic, for my Nexus 7 and Nexus 7 Gen2. The fit and finish is excellent, thin, keeping the device's intended form factor. The next best thing is the support from the company, they support their product, hands down. If they revise the case, they send the revised item to the people who have purchased the case. Excellent support, excellent product, excellent company. You won't be disappointed. I have no relationship with them, it's just so rare you find a company that stands behind their products to this degree and I am happy to support them!

BKVic

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
It looks interesting, BUT... do you really want all those inside pockets with that funny stitching rubbing against your screen all the time? Especially if you have stuff already in those pockets...

I'm hoping I can go to the US sometime in November to buy this tablet, I also hope that, by then, Best Buy will have some more decent selection of cases for this tablet. I'd hate to take it home and have to wait for one...

Ive purchased 6 RooCASES for the Android tablets in my family and I cant say enough good things about them. They are a little bulkier then the slim line cases out there but I feel the extra protection gained outweighs the added thickness. If the small pockets inside worry you then cut the threads and remove them, easy enough to do, but if the leather pockets damage the screen we have other problems.

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I placed the order on Amazon link you provided. In that description, there was a magnetic button/ clip mentioned. Now in the current description magnetic term is disappeared. I need to cancel the order.

Ktrek

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I just saw where the Poetic black case is now down to $2.95! What is the deal here? It makes me really wonder about the quality when they price it that low and the retail is around $35.00. Hmmm...... I mean I'm willing to risk $10.00 for a case but I'm wondering if I should hold out for a better cover?

Kevin

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have a Poetic Slimline case that I had on my last tablet, great case, well constructed and does the trick. I can't say why its that cheap, but I suspect it will go way up in price. If you goto Poetic's site its not $5

Ktrek

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
My Poetic case came in today and I am really impressed! I can't believe this case was only $10.00 with shipping! The Note fits absolutely prefectly and it feels good in your hand. I now at last feel I can take my Note with me in public!

Kevin