Bluetooth kayboard compatible with Note 10.1 2014?

ZarathustraHead

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I use a Bluetooth keyboard with my 10 inch tablets. I just got the Note 10.1 2014 as a replacement for my Nexus 10. I was disappointed to find that there is a problem with 4.3 disconnecting from bluetooth keyboards. If I can't use my Note 10.1 with an external keyboard, the tablet will be of little use, and I'll have to return it. I've gone so far as to buy keyboards that I've read are compatible with 4.3, but neither of the keyboards I bought worked with the Note 10.1 2014.

Has anybody gotten an external keyboard with their Note 10.1 2014?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I know wireless is all the rage now... but if this is a bug in 4.3 it's sure to get squashed sooner than later (and I have seen people using this tablet with BT Keyboards, so I guess it's bad luck?), why not consider an OTG adapter and just use a wired, USB Keyboard in the meantime?

Tbayrgs

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't appear to be a fluke as i've been having the same problem. Tried two different BT keyboards, both kept repeatedly disconnecting, then reconnecting after repeated keypresses--would happen randomly but on average every 30-60 seconds.

And I'm sorry, we shouldn't be making excuses for this type of problem--it's not like bluetooth connectivity is new tech, especially bluetooth keyboards. I'm lucky enough to have a 45 day return period so I'll wait a bit longer but if I don't see fix in a couple of weeks, sadly I'll be forced to return my Note 10.1.

Tbayrgs

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the info, appreciate it. I'll check it out later when I have a few free minutes.

ZarathustraHead

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I've rooted. I've installed and activated the keyboard bug fix app. I've tried two new keyboard that I've read are compatible with 4.3. So far, none of these things have worked.

Looks like I'll be returning the tablet.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4

Tbayrgs

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I've rooted. I've installed and activated the keyboard bug fix app. I've tried two new keyboard that I've read are compatible with 4.3. So far, none of these things have worked.

Looks like I'll be returning the tablet.

Sadly, same here (though I didn't try the suggested method as I didn't want to go through the root/hack process).

Not sure what direction i'm headed now. I'd love having Wacom stylus support on a 10" Android tab, would love it if they included it in the rumored Nexus 10 replacement but I doubt it'll be there. At least I have my Nexus 7 in the meantime.

ZarathustraHead

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Sadly, same here (though I didn't try the suggested method as I didn't want to go through the root/hack process).

Not sure what direction i'm headed now. I'd love having Wacom stylus support on a 10" Android tab, would love it if they included it in the rumored Nexus 10 replacement but I doubt it'll be there. At least I have my Nexus 7 in the meantime.

Yep. I'm working from my Note 8 in the meantime. Bluetooth works great. I'm avoiding updates on that tablet like the plague.

sent from my Note 3

GPilot650

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Just found bluetooth keepalive in the store. $1.50

Hate paying, but for that price, it seems to have fixed my disconnect issues on my 2014 10.1

ZarathustraHead

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Hate paying, but for that price, it seems to have fixed my disconnect issues on my 2014 10.1

Awesome. Thanks for posting! I'll give that a shot. Well worth the price if it works.

sent from my Note 3

ZarathustraHead

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I got the app. My keyboard is still disconnecting from my 10.1. Any special settings I need to apply in the app?

sent from my Note 3

ZarathustraHead

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I give up. I can't get this thing working. It looks like I'll be going back to my Nexus 10.

If Samsung issues an update, please post. I guess I can always buy the 10.1 again.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

ZarathustraHead

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I've had quirky Bluetooth keyboard performance on my Note 8.0 with multiple keyboards. I think something about TouchWiz really interferes here and it's a bit annoying. The same keyboards work flawlessly on my iPad.

Sent from that other Tablet

ZarathustraHead

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I've had quirky Bluetooth keyboard performance on my Note 8.0 with multiple keyboards. I think something about TouchWiz really interferes here and it's a bit annoying. The same keyboards work flawlessly on my iPad.

Sent from that other Tablet

Yes my Note 8 works with my bluetooth keyboard too, but Touchwiz does its best to get in the way by having the keyboard switch back to the Samsung keyboard if I leave it idle. It's less than ideal.

sent from my Note 3

GPilot650

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Sorry guys. I suck. It stopped working after about an hour of work. Don't get it.

Dev actually refunded my money when I advised I had a 10.1 2014. Great service!

Sorry all for jumping the gun! The first hour was flawless for some reason.

-g-

jnichols16

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I haven't bought a keyboard yet.
But I've seen glitches like this in newly released electronics before.
Keep testing and posting.
Soon, there will be an upgrade with little fanfare, and your keyboards will suddenly work.

But overall, I'm very happy with my Note 10.1, there's a lot to like.

Story Album shuts down when I try to create an album, and WWE shuts down when trying to open.

For now, I can live without those, but I hope they fix the Bluetooth Keyboard issue quickly.

I downloaded Time Warner Cable's TV viewing app, and was just bowled over.
I can click any show from a nice lineup, and watch it on my Note. I never could do that with my set top box.

In the meantime, us "early adopters" will just wait for the fixes to roll out.

I'll never go back to iPad.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1