Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bluetooth kayboard compatible with Note 10.1 2014?

I use a Bluetooth keyboard with my 10 inch tablets. I just got the Note 10.1 2014 as a replacement for my Nexus 10. I was disappointed to find that there is a problem with 4.3 disconnecting from bluetooth keyboards. If I can't use my Note 10.1 with an external keyboard, the tablet will be of little use, and I'll have to return it. I've gone so far as to buy keyboards that I've read are compatible with 4.3, but neither of the keyboards I bought worked with the Note 10.1 2014.

Has anybody gotten an external keyboard with their Note 10.1 2014?
    Note 3
    Note 8.0
    Nexus 10

Default Re: Bluetooth kayboard compatible with Note 10.1 2014?

I know wireless is all the rage now... but if this is a bug in 4.3 it's sure to get squashed sooner than later (and I have seen people using this tablet with BT Keyboards, so I guess it's bad luck?), why not consider an OTG adapter and just use a wired, USB Keyboard in the meantime?

Doesn't appear to be a fluke as i've been having the same problem. Tried two different BT keyboards, both kept repeatedly disconnecting, then reconnecting after repeated keypresses--would happen randomly but on average every 30-60 seconds.

And I'm sorry, we shouldn't be making excuses for this type of problem--it's not like bluetooth connectivity is new tech, especially bluetooth keyboards. I'm lucky enough to have a 45 day return period so I'll wait a bit longer but if I don't see fix in a couple of weeks, sadly I'll be forced to return my Note 10.1.

Logitech keyboard for android 3.0+ works. I'm using it right now on my GN10.1

Posted via Android Central App

These threads might help ease the pain (and no, no excuses for Google, this IS a major flop) while an official fix is released.

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    These threads might help ease the pain (and no, no excuses for Google, this IS a major flop) while an official fix is released.

Thanks for the info, appreciate it. I'll check it out later when I have a few free minutes.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I've rooted. I've installed and activated the keyboard bug fix app. I've tried two new keyboard that I've read are compatible with 4.3. So far, none of these things have worked.

Looks like I'll be returning the tablet.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4
    Note 3
    Note 8.0
    Nexus 10

Quote Originally Posted by ZarathustraHead View Post
    I've rooted. I've installed and activated the keyboard bug fix app. I've tried two new keyboard that I've read are compatible with 4.3. So far, none of these things have worked.

Looks like I'll be returning the tablet.

Sadly, same here (though I didn't try the suggested method as I didn't want to go through the root/hack process).

Not sure what direction i'm headed now. I'd love having Wacom stylus support on a 10" Android tab, would love it if they included it in the rumored Nexus 10 replacement but I doubt it'll be there. At least I have my Nexus 7 in the meantime.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Tbayrgs View Post
    Sadly, same here (though I didn't try the suggested method as I didn't want to go through the root/hack process).

Not sure what direction i'm headed now. I'd love having Wacom stylus support on a 10" Android tab, would love it if they included it in the rumored Nexus 10 replacement but I doubt it'll be there. At least I have my Nexus 7 in the meantime.
    Yep. I'm working from my Note 8 in the meantime. Bluetooth works great. I'm avoiding updates on that tablet like the plague.

sent from my Note 3
    Note 3
    Note 8.0
    Nexus 10

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

Just found bluetooth keepalive in the store. $1.50

Hate paying, but for that price, it seems to have fixed my disconnect issues on my 2014 10.1

Soloberry likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by GPilot650 View Post

Hate paying, but for that price, it seems to have fixed my disconnect issues on my 2014 10.1

Awesome. Thanks for posting! I'll give that a shot. Well worth the price if it works.

sent from my Note 3
    Note 3
    Note 8.0
    Nexus 10
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by GPilot650 View Post

I got the app. My keyboard is still disconnecting from my 10.1. Any special settings I need to apply in the app?

sent from my Note 3
    Note 3
    Note 8.0
    Nexus 10
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

I give up. I can't get this thing working. It looks like I'll be going back to my Nexus 10.

If Samsung issues an update, please post. I guess I can always buy the 10.1 again.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by ZarathustraHead; 11-08-2013 at 10:40 AM.
    Note 3
    Note 8.0
    Nexus 10

in answer to the original question if it helps i have this

Which works really well. I use it quite a lot.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by tomlh View Post

Thanks. I just ordered it on Amazon Prime. Are you using it with a Note 10.1 2014?

Also, I thought it was important to note that this appears to be a Samsung problem, not a 4.3 problem. My Nexus 10 is updated to 4.3, and the keyboard is working fine.

sent from my Nexus 10
    Note 3
    Note 8.0
    Nexus 10

Yes with the 10.1 2014 edition been using it most of today (in fact now). So far so good.

Global Posts
    6,219 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

I've had quirky Bluetooth keyboard performance on my Note 8.0 with multiple keyboards. I think something about TouchWiz really interferes here and it's a bit annoying. The same keyboards work flawlessly on my iPad.

Sent from that other Tablet
    Live long and prosper.

18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    I've had quirky Bluetooth keyboard performance on my Note 8.0 with multiple keyboards. I think something about TouchWiz really interferes here and it's a bit annoying. The same keyboards work flawlessly on my iPad.

Sent from that other Tablet
    Yes my Note 8 works with my bluetooth keyboard too, but Touchwiz does its best to get in the way by having the keyboard switch back to the Samsung keyboard if I leave it idle. It's less than ideal.

sent from my Note 3
    Note 3
    Note 8.0
    Nexus 10

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

Sorry guys. I suck. It stopped working after about an hour of work. Don't get it.

Dev actually refunded my money when I advised I had a 10.1 2014. Great service!

Sorry all for jumping the gun! The first hour was flawless for some reason.

-g-

I haven't bought a keyboard yet.
    But I've seen glitches like this in newly released electronics before.
    Keep testing and posting.
    Soon, there will be an upgrade with little fanfare, and your keyboards will suddenly work.

But overall, I'm very happy with my Note 10.1, there's a lot to like.

Story Album shuts down when I try to create an album, and WWE shuts down when trying to open.

For now, I can live without those, but I hope they fix the Bluetooth Keyboard issue quickly.

I downloaded Time Warner Cable's TV viewing app, and was just bowled over.
    I can click any show from a nice lineup, and watch it on my Note. I never could do that with my set top box.

In the meantime, us "early adopters" will just wait for the fixes to roll out.

I'll never go back to iPad.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

I got this keyboard today. I'm still having connection issues with it. It does seem to reconnect much quicker than the other keyboards I've tried, but it is still disconnecting and reconnecting if I wait more than a few seconds between typing.

I use a keyboard daily with my 10 inch tablets, so I need this to work. I'm going to return my 10.1, go back to my Nexus 10, and probably buy the Note again if and when this is resolved.

sent from my Note 3
    Note 3
    Note 8.0
    Nexus 10

Quote Originally Posted by ZarathustraHead View Post
    I got this keyboard today. I'm still having connection issues with it. It does seem to reconnect much quicker than the other keyboards I've tried, but it is still disconnecting and reconnecting if I wait more than a few seconds between typing.

I use a keyboard daily with my 10 inch tablets, so I need this to work. I'm going to return my 10.1, go back to my Nexus 10, and probably buy the Note again if and when this is resolved.

sent from my Note 3
    strange that I have not noticed any disconnection problems.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

strange that I have not noticed any disconnection problems.
    Weird. I like the keyboard though. It seems to be full size and has great interface with Android. It is rechargeable and very inexpensive. Maybe some others will get it and post their experience.

sent from my Note 3
    Note 3
    Note 8.0
    Nexus 10
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

I realize now that I didn't buy the same inShang keyboard you have. Mine is rechargeable. The one you've linked to requires batteries, so they're different models. This is getting exhausting.

sent from my Nexus 10
    Note 3
    Note 8.0
    Nexus 10
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

I received this same battery charged inShang Android keyboard today. It's experiencing the same disconnect issues. I've been through 5-6 keyboards now, and all of them disconnect from the Note 10.1 2014. None of them disconnect from the Nexus 10 running 4.3. I'm sending my Note 10.1 2014 back today. It's really a shame.
    Note 3
    Note 8.0
    Nexus 10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast