Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) Terrible for Viewing Photos!!!

dacop

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Sure...the screen on this 2014 is amazing at 2560x1600! Vivid colors and almost perfect tone, but what good does that do when the device insists on opening every photo in full screen mode??? Stretching the image and causing blur and pixelation to smaller resolution images. If the device insists on full screen mode for every image, the only ones that that will view well are those at 2060x1600. I can not believe there is no setting anywhere on the tab to open all images in its true resolution size. Amazing.

And something else very noticeable even on images of 2560x1600...when viewing the same images on DropBox, they are noticeably not as sharp and vivid as if you are viewing them from memory or the internal SD card. Why in the world is that!

Ktrek

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
vdc530 makes a point. Just find a better a gallery app. And Dropbox only shows a preview of the image unless you download it.

Anyone have a suggestion for a better gallery app? I've tried several but I can't see any marginal difference.

dacop

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Ktrek...that's because there are none. Or at least the last 6 I have tried all do the same...open the image in full screen mode.

vcd530...I get what your saying, but I have yet to find an app to open images in its native resolution. You said this is “Android, not some Apple device"??? What the heck does that have to do with a ridiculous design to open images in full screen? Do you know how bad common image sizes such as 800x600 look when stretched to 2560x1600?

fastcarve

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
F-Stop is a great gallery program that lets you view small images at their native resolution. You need to turn the enlarge small images option off in the settings.

It does a great job scaling, so I keep the option on.

mickeylittle777

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Fastcarve does what is necessary by bringing an answer rather than just bringing a scolding! Thank you for helping with a positive solution to the OP's and other's concern here!