T-Mobile LTE release?
I know there have been several threads about this already, but I'm wondering if any of you have a general idea of when the LTE variant of the 10.1 will be released for T-Mobile? I'm kinda new to buying tablets so yeah . Woulda T-Mobile release be the same as a Verizon/ATT release?
I actually have found two LTE variants on Amazon, but I can't actually find any internal hard drive specs....
Would these actually be legit? And if so, would the SIM card slot be somewhere on the outside?
And finally, would the price realistically be around the price the amazon links have? ($775)
Last edited by Purringles; 11-12-2013 at 11:49 PM.
- 02-09-2014, 09:21 PM #5
Re: T-Mobile LTE release?
I was just looking for this myself. The P605 model doesn't seem to include the 1700 MHz "band 4" needed for use with T-Mobile's 4G/LTE, so it seems Samsung is ignoring T-Mobile USA at the moment. Sony had an Xperia Z LTE tablet (specifically model SGP351, NOT the SGP321 offered on Amazon) that includes band 4, but it's been discontinued (though last I checked, you can still get one from CDW). Supposedly a 2014 Xperia model has been spotted (in FCC filings?). Meanwhile, we should bug Samsung directly to do a better job of supporting T-Mobile with cell-data tablets, especially given its recent resurgance.
Here's a link for the 2014 Xperia Z tablet rumors: Vivek Chhetri, "Sony Xperia Z2 and Flagship Tablet With 4G LTE Support Get FCC Approval", Gizbot, 29 January 2014
Last edited by jeffq; 02-09-2014 at 09:41 PM. Reason: added link to 2014 Xperia Z tablet info
- 02-10-2014, 08:00 PM #6
- By vsloo in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 17Last Post: 11-20-2013, 10:24 PM
- By LinuxWeather in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 21Last Post: 11-13-2013, 02:12 PM
- By Deron Dantzler in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 8Last Post: 11-13-2013, 12:16 AM
- By GoBigRed79 in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 6Last Post: 11-12-2013, 09:55 PM
- By jack584 in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 1Last Post: 11-12-2013, 12:12 PM