Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nice, functional case for Note 10.1 2014

Hi guys,

Anyone know of a similar case for the new Note 10.1 2014? I've searched the Amazon listing but can only find the 'usual' iPad-like smart covers with really two positions, or just landscape multi-angle but no 'table top mode'... This is what I'm looking for, but for the Note 10.1 :P

2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Nice, functional case for Note 10.1 2014

Anyone? I really hope Speck releases a cover for the Note It really annoys me having the Home button upside down when using it in Keyboard mode with the current cases. I know, the button layout on this is awful (inverted volume rocker? REALLY SAMSUNG??!!), but still, with a cover like the Speck one, this wouldn't be an issue.

This is the one I just ordered. Highly rated, and a good price. Hasn't arrived yet so I can't say for sure

http://www.amazon.com/MoKo-Samsung-G...0-20&m1k=vb_ac

Posted via Android Central App
    Verizon Galaxy Note 2
    Ray Sears likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yeah, I saw that one but I'm not sure it can be used in 'keyboard' mode... and it lacks the true multi-angle for the stand mode, which is why I thought the Speck one was great because it has both hehe (keyboard mode, and about 4 different angle positions for stand). If the Speck one added a 360° rotating base, it would be perfect I guess it's just a matter of time before they start coming out, hopefully.

I have that Moko one I like it. Good protection
    Last edited by tomlh; 11-19-2013 at 11:08 AM. Reason: format
    Ray Sears likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    Yeah, I saw that one but I'm not sure it can be used in 'keyboard' mode... and it lacks the true multi-angle for the stand mode, which is why I thought the Speck one was great because it has both hehe (keyboard mode, and about 4 different angle positions for stand). If the Speck one added a 360° rotating base, it would be perfect I guess it's just a matter of time before they start coming out, hopefully.
    Not sure if you looked at all the images, but it has a keyboard mode pictured. At this price, and all the positive ratings, it seems like a great choice.. And then you can keep your eye out for something else if need be

Verizon Galaxy Note 2
    Ray Sears likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

You're right!! How did I miss that? Haha but still, see that Home button on top? THAT'S what driving me nuts (OK, I may be overreacting hehe but it's still annoying). And that's the way it is on all cases I've looked at. If they have keyboard mode, then they only have one stand angle and the home button is on top when on keyboard. If they have multiple angles on stand or a 360° rotating base, then they don't have keyboard mode.

You're right!! How did I miss that? Haha but still, see that Home button on top? THAT'S what driving me nuts (OK, I may be overreacting hehe but it's still annoying). And that's the way it is on all cases I've looked at. If they have keyboard mode, then they only have one stand angle and the home button is on top when on keyboard. If they have multiple angles on stand or a 360° rotating base, then they don't have keyboard mode.
    Isn't that what you'd want though, if the case is in keyboard mode? Seems like if it were at the bottom, your palms and fingers might be hitting the center button, menu and back. Would be annoying

Verizon Galaxy Note 2
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Good point, I hadn't thought about that... Right now what annoys me is that the button is upside down and the back and menu buttons are 'on the wrong side' :P But yeah, if they were on the bottom I might hit it all the time... Why didn't they just place the button on the sides?! ¬¬ I'll try simulating the button on the bottom and see what happens... Thanks for that, I hadn't really seen it that way!

Good point, I hadn't thought about that... Right now what annoys me is that the button is upside down and the back and menu buttons are 'on the wrong side' :P But yeah, if they were on the bottom I might hit it all the time... Why didn't they just place the button on the sides?! ¬¬ I'll try simulating the button on the bottom and see what happens... Thanks for that, I hadn't really seen it that way!
    My case came in, and I've been using it for a day. Wow, what a great case. Very functional, yet well made. This feels like a $75 case. For your own sanity, I think you need to get over there being a right side up for these tablets. Put a piece of tape over the Samsung logo of you have to. Just remember the tablet can work in any orientation, so just chill and enjoy everything this case lets you do

Verizon Galaxy Note 2
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I thought the same and guess what? There are apps and games that won't rotate both ways! I know, that's a lousy implementation from the devs but still. Anywho, I don't hate having the button upside down, it's just an annoyance to my repressed OCDfreak hehe

Apologies for hijacking this query but I too have a case-related query - does anyone know when the official book cover case will become more widely available?

I have only seen on the US Samsung site (I live in the UK) and have failed to find it at any other retailers. Any reason for not releasing the two products together???

J

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLyon33 View Post
    Apologies for hijacking this query but I too have a case-related query - does anyone know when the official book cover case will become more widely available?

I have only seen on the US Samsung site (I live in the UK) and have failed to find it at any other retailers. Any reason for not releasing the two products together???

J
    I'm not sure about that, but having seen and touched the case you're wanting, I can tell you it is very expensive and doesn't provide much protection. This case I just bought from Amazon really is nice and functional. Maybe you can get the case I've got, and then you'll either find it is everything you could ever want, or it'll tide you over until the other case becomes more available.

Verizon Galaxy Note 2
    Jeffrey622 likes this.

I'm not sure all that you're looking for but the Belkin one I got is basic, seems to provide adequate protection and does what I want it to do quite well. At a very reasonable price.

Misterb- great to hear your case works!, thanks for the review.

I ordered the identical case from Amazon (different color) and it arrived last week. Great feel to it, especially when compared to cases I looked/ touched/ felt at retail stores. Now all I need is the 10.1-2014-- still waiting for Black Friday sale-- LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by nettech207 View Post

I bought this one when it was about $10. Great minimal case/cover that affords some drop protection as well. I really like it.

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

This is the one I think I'm going to get...

Amazon.com: MoKo Samsung Galaxy Note 10 2014 Edition Case - Ultra Slim Lightweight Smart-shell Stand Case for Note 10.1 Inch 2014 Edition Tablet, INDIGO (With Smart Cover Auto Wake / Sleep): Computers & Accessories

Just picked up a Note last Friday after my iPad was stolen last week. I'd been wanting to move to an Android tablet for awhile, but was going to wait a bit longer... oh well. Love the Note so far... had an iPad 2 and I was more than happy with the screen, but wow, the screen on this one.... kinda blew me away.

I do admit, my choice of this case is because it does remind me of the smart case I had with the iPad, very minimal in how it connects... am hoping it stays on nicely.
    Ray Sears likes this.

You will enjoy it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Has anyone noticed any issues with these magnets on these cases ? Not sure if its even true. Leaning towards the Moko Slim Fit

This case was recommended by the Samsung Rep even though it is not made by Samsung. It is a very nice case and I would definitely recommend it. Also, it is made specifically for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 so everything is laid out around the design of the device.

Regards,

I have 37 hours to purchase the Moko Slim case for my GN 2014 and get it here by Christmas Eve so I have a couple of questions I hope someone can answer asap
    1. Does this case partially cover the camera lens? Some say it does and others don't mention it.
    2. Has anyone confirmed that there are issues between the magnetic closures and the S-Pen?
    3. Does the PU Leather have an offensive odor?
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by FLGibsonJr View Post

This case was recommended by the Samsung Rep even though it is not made by Samsung. It is a very nice case and I would definitely recommend it. Also, it is made specifically for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 so everything is laid out around the design of the device.

Regards,

This is the same one my BestBuy Samsung Rep recommended. I like that it has multiple positions, however it doesn't mention any magnet for auto wake or to hold it in position. For these reasons, plus being cheaper, I went with the below case. If for some reason I don't like it (I haven't gotten it yet), then I will give the above case a try.

Amazon.com: MoKo Samsung Galaxy Note 10 2014 Edition Case - Slim Folding Cover for Note 10.1 Inch 2014 Edition Tablet, BLACK (With Smart Cover Auto Wake / Sleep): Computers & Accessories

There is no magnet in the case I recommended. I do miss that feature, but I have heard that there are issues with the magnet damaging pen/note capabilities. I don't know if that is true or not, but I didn't want to take the chance. Anyway it is easy to turn on and off with the click of one button, and it does have an auto off.

Regards,

My case is very similar to the one Misterb has, except mine also rotates. There is no opening in the binding to access the Micro-USB, so I have to have the case open while it charges, but I usually just charge it on a Desktop Dock anyways.

Link: Amazon.com : Coodio® Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Inch 2014 Edition 360 Rotating Stand Leather Cover Built-in Hand Grip Card Holder with Auto Wake Sleep Mode (Black) : Computers & Accessories
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast