1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Apps to edit PDFs on a Galaxy Note

I work in construction and I was thinking about using the note 10.1 for business. Here is what I would like to use it for.

I get pdf blueprints sent to me all the time and I have to make edits to them. Typically I have to print them out and make corrections to them. Then scan them to send them back to the client. A lot of times I have to make multiple versions to send to the client so it would be nice if I could work with a program that had layers.

I also do a lot of traveling and I'd like to not have to carry all these drawings with me. I'd like to just show up to the sites and use a tablet to access and edit the drawings in the field as well. Does anyone have any suggestions on good apps that could help me with this?

Thanks in advance.

Global Posts
    13,856 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Apps to edit PDFs on a Galaxy Note

Quote Originally Posted by jobu55 View Post
    I work in construction and I was thinking about using the note 10.1 for business. Here is what I would like to use it for.

I get pdf blueprints sent to me all the time and I have to make edits to them. Typically I have to print them out and make corrections to them. Then scan them to send them back to the client. A lot of times I have to make multiple versions to send to the client so it would be nice if I could work with a program that had layers.

I also do a lot of traveling and I'd like to not have to carry all these drawings with me. I'd like to just show up to the sites and use a tablet to access and edit the drawings in the field as well. Does anyone have any suggestions on good apps that could help me with this?

Thanks in advance.
    Kingsoft office is a free app in Play. It allows editing documents and PDF files. I don't know how well it would work with diagrams and other drawings.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

I like RepliGo, I use it for the same purpose. I also recommend checking out Autocad 360.

Posted via Android Central App

Try Ezpdf

The BEST app is called lecture notes. The EASIEST is to just import them into s note.

exPDF works ok, and so does Adobe Reader, btw (more limited). But Lecture Notes is the best because it's the only one I found that allows edits and then lets you go back to change the edits. I haven't found one that allows that yet, but I haven't tried Repligo yet.

Global Posts
    250 Global Posts

I use PDFs alot, I use Foxit on all my machines and tablet, it really works well. Easy to mark up (especially with this stylus), save, then share.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4

Best are
    Montano reader
    Moon + reader
    ADOBE reader

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by dafuse View Post
    exPDF works ok, and so does Adobe Reader, btw (more limited). But Lecture Notes is the best because it's the only one I found that allows edits and then lets you go back to change the edits. I haven't found one that allows that yet, but I haven't tried Repligo yet.
    I agree. But for some reason, Lecture Notes won't allow me to import an entire PDF file anymore. It only allows me to import one page. I used to do this all the time, but I can't anymore. Has it been removed or something?

BUT it is all contingent on if you have "permission" to open document.... Some are "locked" and without password, your screwed...

Dale