Loose Back/Screen

mcnee

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to figure out if this is something to be concerned about...

Picked up a Note last Friday, I started noticing that when I'm holding it in my left hand, landscape mode, I can sort of feel a ... best way to describe it is a flex of the back/edge. It's along the lower left from about 1 inch up from the bottom and I can feel it about 3/4 of the way up the left side. I feel it more readily in the lower 1/4 of the edge. When holding it to say read something, my thumb is pressing down on that frame edge, and I can feel it shift, or I suppose more likely I feel the glass shifting.

It is like there is some play behind the screen, it's not enough that I can actually see anything happening, like the screen actually coming out of the frame of the Note's back... since noticing it, I've played around along the entire outer edge, and this is the only area I can feel it.

I know it would take a good amount of pressure to actually pop the screen loose, but.... well, I'm wondering if I don't just bring it back to Best Buy and exchange it. I don't want to worry about this just getting worse. But I won't have an opportunity to do so until Sunday at the earliest, so I figured I would see if anyone else has run into anything like this before. If so, did it get worse or is it probably no big deal...?

malutki1

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue. Sometimes it even makes a slight creaking noise. I checked 2 other units and they all had it. A unit from the newer batch was the worst.

mcnee

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Yea, the creak, it's a rubbing. Hmm. K. If this was in a spot I wasn't grabbing all the ti e I likely wouldn't give it a second thought. I am just afraid it will get worse over time.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

nettech207

May 23, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about it to much as my original note 10.1 had the same effect , I was told it was because of the plastic backing I haven't noticed it on my 2014 edition thou I have a case cover on it

mcnee

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about it to much as my original note 10.1 had the same effect , I was told it was because of the plastic backing I haven't noticed it on my 2014 edition thou I have a case cover on it

Thanks, That is a bit reassuring.
I'm ordering a case this weekend, so yea, maybe without putting the direct pressure on it I won't notice it and I will forget all about it! heh.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I've had it in a case since day one, so I haven't really noticed it. However, I do know that most of these things have 'soft spots' where the internal components have holes and crevasses. Since the back of this thing is plastic (yeah, bash away ??'), it's softer to the touch and you can actually feel where there's nothing in the back to fully support the panel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalekan45