How do I make my new 10.1 2014 note u.k recognised

sandy0819

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I have recently purchased a samsung galaxy note 10.1 2014 and I am in the process of getting to know it.

This forum has helped me with a number of queries before and I am really in need of more assistance.I was trying to download bbc i player so I searched on the Google icon and when the page opened

I clicked on "Strictly come dancing" and then a box appeared saying copyright prohibited use in the USA.Clearly it my device is not being recognised as a USA app and I have searched to find a way of overcoming this,can someone help please

Thank You

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you on the US or the UK? As far as I understand, the BBC player will only work within the UK, just as ABC/CBS' apps will only work while in the States. You can 'fool' the device into thinking you're in a different country using firewall/VPN software (Like Hola Unblocker) to 'mask' your IP, but this usually slows your connection down and if you want full bandwidth, you'd have to pay for the service.

If the issue is with downloading the app because your Play Store account is being recognized as USA instead of UK, then you can change the country of the store with some software hacks but you would need to root your device (something that, again, voids your warranty).