Advanced graph

error404pnf

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

After quite a lot of research online, I couldn't find what I was looking for so I'm asking your community. I'm a student in Economy and I'm looking into buying a Galaxy Note 10.1 2014. During my class, I have to draw a lot of (advanced) graphs. It happens quite often that a graph becomes totally wrong because a curve is not steep enough, or that I have to draw several times similar graphs. Therefore, I was looking into an application a bit more advanced than S-Note to draw graph but couldn't find anything that seems to respond to my need. Do you know any application for (advanced) graphs?

The application's function:
  1. After drawing a line, be able to select it and move it (instead of erase it and draw a new one like in S-Note);
  2. After drawing a curve, be able to select it and modify how steep the curve is (instead of erase it and draw a new one like in S-Note);
  3. When two lines (or curves) crosses, be able to select the intersection and move it (of course the line/curve should follow);
  4. Enter a mathematical function and the application will draw the curve;
  5. Export the graph in S-Note or Polaris;

Thank you !

P.S.: Sorry for any mistakes in my post as English is not my mothertongue :)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure, but I'd say "Office" suits like QuickOffice or Polaris and such can help in that regard. As long as there's a way to draw stuff like you can in Office, I'd say it's similar to what you want.

error404pnf

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure, but I'd say "Office" suits like QuickOffice or Polaris and such can help in that regard. As long as there's a way to draw stuff like you can in Office, I'd say it's similar to what you want.
Hi SpookDroid,
I haven't seen anything in Polaris that would allow me to draw the kind of graph I want just to be sure, that we understand the same thing by "graph", here's an example:
monopoly1.jpg

I think Polaris only allow me to do the same kind of graph than in Excel.

Or am I wrong ?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well I haven't really tried it, but while I was thinking about the same graph as you are, I wasn't thinking about actually graphing it, well, as a graph. What I meant was to draw it as vector lines that you can later edit (pivot points, bends, etc.). That capability can be done in the Draw functions of Office, so I assumed a similar feature was found in mobile Office suits, but I could be wrong.

error404pnf

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
I think Polaris Office include only: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PDF files. Nothing that can be compared to Draw.

Basically, what I'm looking for is an advanced version of S-Note for drawing graph.

Thank you for taking time to answer me =)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Probably not hehe I mean, I've seen apps that do advanced graphing (calculators) but not drawn ones. Drawing apps that MIGHT let you rearrange splines (vector drawing apps or CAD apps) but won't do graphing from functions. And definitely not a note-taking app that does either.

If you know an app dev you COULD pitch the idea and have some one come up with one. Charge royalties for it, too :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX