1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) Screen stays Black but audio buttons work

Went away on a trip and forgot my charger. Tab was dead for a week and finally recharged it when I got home. No damage what-so-ever. Just bought it a few weeks ago and now when I power it up after overnight charge, the screen is black but you can press the home and back button which lights up and beeps. the audio button beeps louder/softer but screen is black.

help?!

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) Screen stays Black but audio buttons work

Dumb question, but have you turned it off? If not, just hold the Power button for as long as you can muster. Does it turn back on?

If not, try going into recovery. Usually on a phone you take out the battery and then put it back in, but since this doesn't have a removable one... Just make sure the tablet is off (or wait for it to 'die'). Then press POWER, HOME, AND VOLUME UP buttons at the same time and hold for about 5 seconds. This should boot your device into recovery mode; if your screen comes to life, your hardware is fine. If it doesn't, then something got fried inside (or maybe a loose connector...those happen).

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) Screen stays Black but audio buttons work

This happened to my Note 2014 a week in, I had bought it from amazon. No resets work so it had to be a hardware issue. I returned it and bought another from Best Buy with there extended Christmas return time frame. Its been smooth sailing and Ive still got a little over a month to return it. Hoping the first one was a dud especially since the plastic on the screen was all out of alignment when I had first opened it.

Quote Originally Posted by albogs View Post
    This happened to my Note 2014 a week in, I had bought it from amazon. No resets work so it had to be a hardware issue. I returned it and bought another from Best Buy with there extended Christmas return time frame. Its been smooth sailing and Ive still got a little over a month to return it. Hoping the first one was a dud especially since the plastic on the screen was all out of alignment when I had first opened it.
    When you returned it to amazon was your bit warranty tripped?