Capture screen quality with "Screen write" over S pen air command

android74

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
On note 10.1 2014, The quality of captured screen picture by "screen write" is not good. however when you have screen capture by hand sliding from left to right or by air command of scrapbook, the quality is quite good. Any comments for the reason or any suggestions to fix it?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

ddavtian

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Go to settings\device\display settings, turn off "edit after screen capture", see if it helps. I've read tablet compresses the image when preparing it for edit after you capture it with S pen.

android74

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Did not change the result. I turned off the setting and made a screen capture with S pen, the captured screen is shown on edit mode again with low quality. No change at all for screen capture for s pen. Isn't that strange?

mrspatmore

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if it's strange or it's intentional. But that's exactly how it works on mine. The image that you get using the S Pen screen capture is not as highly pixelated as the image that you get doing a manual screen capture or a palm swipe screen capture.

Posted via Android Central App

android74

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Yes mine does the same too. Do you know if there is setting to change the quality level of the picture for screen capture?

mrspatmore

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Yes mine does the same too. Do you know if there is setting to change the quality level of the picture for screen capture?

Not to my knowledge, android74. I've only had mine for one week. Still searching for ways to optimize use of s-pen, including "screen capture" mode. It is very slow. I'm going to see if Nova launcher speeds things up.

Posted via Android Central App

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
if you look at the file properties of the files, the one captured with the air command is like twice the size of the one captured with screen write. rather odd indeed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton