Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By double923
  • 1 Post By Misterb
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default I must be crazy!

    I bought GN10.1 2014 in late sept. I used it for weeks. There was hate and love at the same time on GN10.1 2014. Ipad Air was then available. I felt that the Air probably be the one i would want. It took me a week to think about it and then I went ahead and exchanged for the Ipad Air. I have been using iPad up untill last week. I ended up buying GN10.1 2014 again. I like both, I couldn't make up my mind. Now I have both the Air and GN10.1 2014. I think, I am totally crazy...
    UJ95x likes this.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: I must be crazy!

    I bought the first ipad back in like 2010, when they were new. I've had multiple newer ipad versions over the years, all the while being an android smartphone user. I just didn't feel that Android tablets had enough to offer over and obove the ipad. Well, that has changed with the Note 10.1 2014. 1080p screen, external SD card, pen that the screen recognizes (instead of the pathetic stubby ipad stylus options, and hoky workarounds to keep your palm from writing on the screen)

    You need to really dig in and get your Note set up properly with the right settings, apps, etc. And it'll reward you and the ipad will seel like a less powerful, boring toy

    Posted via Android Central App
    Verizon Galaxy Note 2
    SpookDroid likes this.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: I must be crazy!

    I, too, tossed my old iPad because of the Note 10.1 2014. You can't, however, beat the iPad's battery life yet. Don't know what it is and why but a stand-by iPad will nearly drain 0% overnight (getting notifications and sync) but a Note 10.1 2014 will drain 7 or 8% in average! Doing the same thing! But still, I prefer the Note 100 times.

    I'd sell the iPad, another thing they're good at is being overpriced and having good re-sell value.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: I must be crazy!

    My take is, the web surfing experience on iPad is much more fluid. It is more enjoyable to me on iPad and I did try both chrome and safari. On GN 10, web surfing is good it is just not as good with chrome and other browser. For non-tech savvy person, iPad is probably best option. With android in general, developer really needs to optimize their codes or make proper change as android is getting better. For ex, google current is very snappy. That is just one example. If android apps can be as good and fluid as iPad then android tablet will be a real winner to many people.

    My GN 10.1 drains bat at ~1% every 5.5 min on my normal usage. With that rate, I will get little over 8 hrs of continue usage if I did my math right.



    Sent from my iPad using
  5. #5  

    Default Re: I must be crazy!

    Quote Originally Posted by double923 View Post
    My take is, the web surfing experience on iPad is much more fluid. It is more enjoyable to me on iPad and I did try both chrome and safari. On GN 10, web surfing is good it is just not as good with chrome and other browser. For non-tech savvy person, iPad is probably best option. With android in general, developer really needs to optimize their codes or make proper change as android is getting better. For ex, google current is very snappy. That is just one example. If android apps can be as good and fluid as iPad then android tablet will be a real winner to many people.

    My GN 10.1 drains bat at ~1% every 5.5 min on my normal usage. With that rate, I will get little over 8 hrs of continue usage if I did my math right.



    Sent from my iPad using
    How so? I ran Chrome on my ipad and run it on the Note, and about the only difference I can see, is that there isn't a fast way to scroll to the top of the page, like you can press on the top area of the screen with the ipad to scroll all the way to the top

    Posted via Android Central App
    Verizon Galaxy Note 2
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: I must be crazy!

    iPad Air is much smoother and very fluid compare to GN. I just got better web surfing experience with iPad Air. Not talking about other iPad. I am am speaking specifically the Air.


    Sent from my iPad using
  7. #7  
    kjung7's Avatar

    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

    Default Re: I must be crazy!

    But chrome and safari keep crashing on my iPad air so I'm thinking of switching to the note

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  8. #8  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    5,502 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,581 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

    Default Re: I must be crazy!

    Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    I, too, tossed my old iPad because of the Note 10.1 2014. You can't, however, beat the iPad's battery life yet. Don't know what it is and why but a stand-by iPad will nearly drain 0% overnight (getting notifications and sync) but a Note 10.1 2014 will drain 7 or 8% in average! Doing the same thing! But still, I prefer the Note 100 times.

    I'd sell the iPad, another thing they're good at is being overpriced and having good re-sell value.
    Probably because of the lower clocked cores. Anything Apple has very little idle drain

    Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

    R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
  9. #9  

    Default Re: I must be crazy!

    Quote Originally Posted by double923 View Post
    iPad Air is much smoother and very fluid compare to GN. I just got better web surfing experience with iPad Air. Not talking about other iPad. I am am speaking specifically the Air.


    Sent from my iPad using
    Have you installed Nova Launcher yet? You're probably experience touch whiz lag, and the Nova launcher fixes that

    Posted via Android Central App
    Verizon Galaxy Note 2
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: I must be crazy!

    Yes, I have been using Nova Launcher in my S4 since day one. To be honest, I don't really see real lag issue with Touchwiz in Note. Especially after you disable the animation. The lag I am talking about is "In app lag". This type of lag, I believe it really has to do with how well the app is written and optimized. I don't think Nova launcher will fix that. And again, I might be wrong!

Similar Threads

  1. [FREE][GAME] Crazy Desk
    By bobby501 in forum Games
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-09-2014, 06:44 AM
  2. Consoles must continue to succeed
    By Rule9 in forum The Gamer's Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-12-2013, 12:39 PM
  3. 4.3 Update -> GPS going crazy at times...?
    By mbressman in forum Sprint Galaxy S3
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-06-2013, 08:05 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-04-2013, 08:06 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-03-2013, 08:37 PM

Posting Permissions

B