HD Videos , Gallery App and battery questions .

Libin Cheeran

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I don't see any source to play HD videos on this tablet. The Youtube app seems to be playing at a lower resolution and there is no option to select a 1080p or higher. What is the point of having such a high resolution screen and not being able to play Full HD videos. Tried vimeo app as well it won't play HD videos too.
Also I see a problem with the gallery app which take a whole 5-10 seconds to completely render the HQ image. Which is very frustrating. Even the Flickr app is same.
The battery charging take like for every...it take around 4.5 hours for a full charge. I'm having mixed feeling on this tablet...wondering if I should be returning it or not.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Download an HD movie or TV show on Google Play. Charge your tablet overnight. It should last you all day and evening after you get done fiddling with it constantly during the honeymoon phase. Not sure why those apps are running slow. Is your Internet slow? There is no better tablet available

Posted via Android Central App

mrspatmore

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I don't see any source to play HD videos on this tablet. The Youtube app seems to be playing at a lower resolution and there is no option to select a 1080p or higher. What is the point of having such a high resolution screen and not being able to play Full HD videos. Tried vimeo app as well it won't play HD videos too.
Also I see a problem with the gallery app which take a whole 5-10 seconds to completely render the HQ image. Which is very frustrating. Even the Flickr app is same.
The battery charging take like for every...it take around 4.5 hours for a full charge. I'm having mixed feeling on this tablet...wondering if I should be returning it or not.

Hello, I'm also having a great deal of problems using YouTube. I've had the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition for one week, have so far been unable to watch anything on YouTube. It's just constantly buffering and stuttering. I'm also having trouble with the Chrome browser, which is my preferred browser for various reasons, including some of the sites that I frequent are incompatible with Dolphin Browser. Chrome browser has just crashed, for no apparent reason, on a couple of occasions. And that's just the first week. All of this is making me fairly nervous about a rather costly tablet. My little Nexus 7 tablet doesn't have any of these problems and was less than half the price. Also in response to suggestions from other posters, my internet connection is working just great. It's definitely not my internet connection. It's a problem with the device. Just can't figure out what that is, exactly.

Libin Cheeran

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for you suggestion. Yes I did download a movie from Google Play Store and it did play in Full HD. And no my Internet connection is not slow.

nettech207

May 23, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I'm also having a great deal of problems using YouTube. I've had the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition for one week, have so far been unable to watch anything on YouTube. It's just constantly buffering and stuttering. I'm also having trouble with the Chrome browser, which is my preferred browser for various reasons, including some of the sites that I frequent are incompatible with Dolphin Browser. Chrome browser has just crashed, for no apparent reason, on a couple of occasions. And that's just the first week. All of this is making me fairly nervous about a rather costly tablet. My little Nexus 7 tablet doesn't have any of these problems and was less than half the price. Also in response to suggestions from other posters, my internet connection is working just great. It's definitely not my internet connection. It's a problem with the device. Just can't figure out what that is, exactly.

I would suggest clearing the cache and see if that helps if not do a factory reset if that doesn't help then return the device for a replacement

mrspatmore

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I would suggest clearing the cache and see if that helps if not do a factory reset if that doesn't help then return the device for a replacement

In fact, I had already tried clearing the cache and it didn't help at all. The good news is, another poster suggested that I uninstall the YouTube app, which I did do. Then I reinstalled it. At least for now, it seems to be working fine. I've got my fingers crossed. I really want to love this tablet.

So for anyone else that has this problem, please try to uninstall the YouTube app (you will not be able to uninstall the app completely as it is factory installed, but you can uninstall all prior updates). Then go ahead and reinstall the updates. It has seemingly fixed my problem. Time will tell. Thanks for all of your comments and suggestions! This is a very helpful forum.