Trouble viewing video on my Samsung TV

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Well I decided to buy the new Fast and Furious 6 movie trough the Samsung Hub. (Part of my $50 Samsung reward.) Anyway, I tried to watch the movie on my 2012 Samsung 7550 series TV but the video player that is on my tablet doesn't give me an option to send it to my TV. I can use Samsung Link on both the TV and my tablet to view pictures and home recorded videos on the TV so I know they can share video and sound data. I have studied the manual for both the TV and the Note 10.1 2014. I have done Internet searches that show a Samsung Tab and and older TV playing a movie from the Tab to the TV. I also searched Samsung's web site, contacted their support team and questioned the Geek Squad at the Best Buy I purchased my Note from. So far no one can explain why the video player on my Note doesn't give me an option to send the picture and sound to my Smart Samsung TV.
Another interesting thing about the movie I purchased and downloaded onto my Note from the Samsung Hub Web site, it's that the movie downloaded directly into the video player and doesn't come up with a search for downloads or show up in my video files. To find the movie I had to search by title and that is when I found the file was in the video player. While looking at the properties of the movie file, it said it couldn't be shared which i took to mean that I couldn't transfer the movie to a storage device. Because this is my first purchase though the Samsung Hub I don't know if this is a standard situation or not.

Dr Law

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I've had an identical experience to all the points you mention. .... could have written your post myself ! My 2014 also talked to my Samsung smart 3d tv, could show pictures or u tube videos from the tablet on the TV using "all share" or media play menus on the TV, but resolutely refused to find downloaded videos from the video hub. Tried all the screen mirroring and device enabling options, but no joy. The tablet also somehow lost my downloaded videos, had to hunt for them through my files> root , where I found them under video hub, but they didn't show in the Video hub Application? .
After trying everything, finished up buying a powered cable from Amazon with an hdmi plug for the TV, then the videos played perfectly, cost me about ?11 though! . Would have been nicer to have done it wirelessly !

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your response, that was and is my next step. A word to the wise for others, be careful of Samsung Hub purchases. While the movies do remain in your account and your smart tv can access them from the Web app on your tv, you will have to stream the movie directly off the Web if you don't hard wire the tablet to the tv. I still would like a response from Samsung to at least acknowledge the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome