CPU temperature 70-80?C, WTF?

cwy

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I bought my Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 barely a week ago from Newegg, and today it suddenly felt warmer than usual. I used System Tuner to check its temperature and was shocked to see the CPU temp was 70-80?C. Here is a screenshot. I expected low temperatures after reading reviews like this one, which says even at max load, the temps should be under 40?C. So clearly something is wrong with my Note. I just want to hear others' opinions first since this is my first time using the Note, and haven't used Android devices that much before. I did not run any games or any graphically intensive apps. I turned off the Note, let it sit for half hour until it cooled off, turned it back on, waited a while, and saw its temp shoot back up to the 70s.

nettech207

May 23, 2012
Visit site
I would suggest running task manger to see what app is using up your CPU if any. If no app is using up the CPU I would suggest a factory reset if still having issue return it for a replacement.Mine has never gotten that hot

cwy

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I turned off Palm gestures and Smart Screen features and the temperatures went right back to a normal 30-40?C. I turned the features on again but the temperature didn't go back up. Maybe those features affect CPU temp over time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674