- 13 Posts
Question about Lock Screen Password security
I've implemented Screen Lock Secured with password (Settings, Device, Lock Screen). I have a pretty strong alpha/numeric with punctuation and upper/lower case string that is pretty long.
Does anyone know if this is actually quite secure or if it can be cracked as easily as old Windows operating systems?
Since my primary gmail is always logged on along with a few other sites like Dropbox, I want to find out if I have false security on this 2014 Note. I know data on the SD card can be read, but got nothing critical on that.
Btw, also implemented multiple user logins (each with their own screen lock password). Works very well, each user has their own Home Screen and are logged onto their own accounts. Also interesting, User Manual doesn't address this important feature.
- 12-08-2013, 02:34 PM #2
- 12-10-2013, 12:20 AM #3
- 13 Posts
Re: Question about Lock Screen Password security
I'm just getting started with this Note, but, I would guess the bad guy would need to "connect" to a wifi hotspot I already connected to (and keep connection info). I can see the remote wipe taking place if it was a device connected to a cell tower, but not the bad guy's wifi connection.
- 12-10-2013, 01:16 AM #5
- By Sarashinai in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 2Last Post: 12-30-2013, 11:10 PM
- By mrskycar in forum Droid RAZR MAXXReplies: 5Last Post: 12-18-2013, 01:13 PM
- By docsmody in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 2Last Post: 12-13-2013, 01:56 AM
- By joedm126 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 4Last Post: 12-10-2013, 11:28 AM
- By Venkatesh Vandanapu in forum Sony Xperia Z UltraReplies: 1Last Post: 12-08-2013, 09:28 AM